Hello I'm New & Seeking Encouragement

Options
Hi I'm new here and I was losing weight prior to joining here a total of 17 lbs which to me seems so small for all that time. Then, I took a trip and gained 7 lbs back since. :sad:

Sooooo now I am trying to start again to move in the right direction. I am hoping to find a little help and encouragement and hoping I came to the right place.

Hi Everyone...nice to Meet You! :smile:

Replies

• shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it!
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Set your goals and be consistent and you can do it!
  • cconeill
    cconeill Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track! It's never too late you can do it :) Remember all that hard work and eating clean is sooo worth it in the end you not only look better feel better you are also healthier~ Kick some *kitten* :)
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Welcome, you will have nothing but great support from everyone on this site.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome! We all believe in you; you can do it! Please feel free to add me! I would love to encourage you on your journey!
  • cbpirie
    cbpirie Posts: 15
    Options
    This is only my second week and I am hooked. Let's do it together!!:happy:
  • Mlcousineau
    Mlcousineau Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new here too. I lost about 70 lbs in the past year and have gained 7 back myself. Thats when i realized it was time to join something like this for support. Its my first day posting on here and i already have much needed support..

Just keep your head up, you can finish what you started. And besides, unless you are on the Biggest Loser, who really loses weight on vacation?!? :wink:
  • MrGoodThings
    MrGoodThings Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, Hope2Hope, I have no doubt that NOW that you are back in track, all of your daily efforts will bring daily rewards for you!

I can tell that your mind is SET - Great, 'cause it's all in the mind (the drive to stick with it and to think, "Sacrifice!").

I am currently losing about 2 to 3 pounds per week by:
    1) Briskly walking no less than 3 MILES - EVERY DAY (That's approx 42 min) - Remember: Sacrifice!
    2) Eating ALWAYS LITTLE --BUT--ALWAYS HEALTHY + BALANCED - It's ALL about CALORIES!!!! Cut'em! - Remeber: Sacrifice!
    (By Sacrifice! I don't mean 'go hungry.' If you're hungry, GET A BITE! BUT just a bite...not three! It means Control. That's Sacrifice!)

THAT'S IT - No Pills, no Gym, no Team, no expenses! Just me and MY goal.

DAILY JOY! - Everyday I weigh myself (I got a doctor's 'scale for $20 at a garage sale) and I see the drop in weight.

It took my body and mind a bit of effort to start after the "bingy" winter season... but I am back on the road. If you have an Android smartphone, install the following FOUR FREE Phone Applications: CARDIO TRAINER (to tell you Miles walked and Calories burned), PANDORA (to enjoy your favorite music while you walk), MY FITNESS PAL (of course, to log ALL your meals on the go), and finally LIBRA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT (to log your weight daily and view it in a professional chart that tells you how much you REALLY weight, that is, your 10 day average. This LIBRA chart is everything to me.)

Commit your goals in prayer to the Lord and don't look back ever again! Bye, Hope2Hope!
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I gained a few back recently too and am back on the wagon. We CAN do this! Welcome.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Welcome! I am right there with you ... I started the journey a couple years ago. I lost 35 lbs and kept it off, for the most part, but totally slacked off on trying to lose anymore. As of the beginning of this year, I am going for it full force!

We can do it!!! :bigsmile:
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    we are all here to help u, you can do it. Just eat right and try to get in exercise 3-4 times a week and the pounds will come off
  • lindsschou
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 27 year old female living in Ontario Canada. Between the time I finished college and one week ago, I went from 130-ish pounds to 258.2. I have lost 2.2 pounds in the last week, thanks to weight watchers.

Looking for a little encouragement, and some new online friends, as I start calculating how many weeks it will take me to lose 128 lbs!
  • annelou72
    annelou72 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi,welcome, you have made the first step.Im new to this too , im on my third day finding it hard at the moment all i can do is focus on is food,but i have had some good support off here and i am doing well. So far so good.
  • lindsschou
    Options
    Hi! I'm a 27 year old female living in Ontario Canada. Between the time I finished college and one week ago, I went from 130-ish pounds to 258.2. I have lost 2.2 pounds in the last week, thanks to weight watchers.

Looking for a little encouragement, and some new online friends, as I start calculating how many weeks it will take me to lose 128 lbs!
  • deanne525
    deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    welcome!!!! just take it 1 small step at a time and you will reach your goal!!! try not to think of it as having to lose X amount of pounds...just try to lose 1lb at a time!!! best of luck....I am sure you will reach your goal!
  • You can do it! Just stay committed and consistent! Dont fret on your trip. Things like that happened. Just stay focused and get back on track. :)
  • oceanbreeze22
    oceanbreeze22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone for all your encouragement !:smile:

I got a long way to go. 100 + to lose. Weigh in for me is Saturday.

I have been weighing myself once a week so I don't drive myself nuts.

When do most of you weigh in daily, weekly or monthly?:
    44236 Posts: 28
    Options
    Let's do it! My goal is to lose 80 lbs. :tongue: