What SPF do you do?

Options
I put 70 on my face and 55 on my body. Fair in AZ. Add sunglasses and grannyhat and I'm ready to go.
My kids get a minimum of 50 before they go to school each day.

Replies

• jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I put 70 on my face and 55 on my body. Fair in AZ. Add sunglasses and grannyhat and I'm ready to go.
    My kids get a minimum of 50 before they go to school each day.
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I don't use sunscreen much to be honest.. but it doesn't get very sunny here very often. I use 30ish when I do.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I have heard for years on the news and when reading that anything above 45 is just...extra lotion. I usually use 45 on my family...and my cover up has15 added already.

I have not ever seen SPF 70, what brand makes it?
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I heard that anything over 30 doesnt do anything, 30 is all you need. The higher SPF's are just a waste of money. I'm not sure if that is true or not, just something I heard. I personally use 15 and I still get tan and not burnt.

:flowerforyou:
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have heard for years on the news and when reading that anything above 45 is just...extra lotion. I usually use 45 on my family...and my cover up has15 added already.

I have not ever seen SPF 70, what brand makes it?

LOL~ I guess we heard the same thing and posted at the same time!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I use at least 45. Contrary to popular believe it doesn't always rain in Washington State. The sun really does shine here. :laugh:
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Waterproof 45 SPF No-Ad from Wally-World. It's cheaper and it comes in a really big bottle.

We spent the day at the lake last Sat. and my coworkers couldn't believe it since I wasn't burned.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    I've read and heard that too. But my dermatologist recommended brands that contain UVA as well as UVB blockers, and even if I'm only gaining a tiny bit ~ 0.5% more protection I'll take it for another 30 seconds outside. I'm very fair, and while I don't sunbathe I love to be outside.

http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/special/sunscreens2008/summary.php
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I usually don't wear sunscreen, but when I do especially going swimming or such, 30 or 45 is just enough for me!