Goat Cheese...

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes for goat cheese? I was recently introduced to it and it's now one of my favorite food choices.

Replies

• heididormanen
    Options
    I have used goat cheese as filling for stuffed mushrooms and tomatos and it melts so nice that it works with grilled cheese as well.
  • Svenghali20
    Svenghali20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    goat cheese on top of chicken (or salmon) and sauteed spinach. when the goat cheese is on top of warm chicken, it makes a really nice creamy mixture with the spinach, so no sauce is necessary. usually grilled chicken or grilled salmon is the best way to go although i've also done this in the oven by slicing a piece of salmon and stuffing it with goat cheese and spinach.

omelet with goat cheese, tomatoes and spinch.

i also like to add it to my salads sometimes.
  • amyherfst
    Options
    I put it in salads, mmmmm
  • tangoterry
    tangoterry Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese, pear and walnut salad. You can find LOTS of recipes on-line for this. Yummy!
  • JenniferCario
    Options
    I make a pasta with it. Cut grape tomatoes in halves and drizzle with a tiny bit of olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar, then add minced garlic and oregano to taste. Throw it in the oven on 350 until the tomatoes are soft. Toss with your favorite whole grain pasta and top with fresh basil and goat cheese. Throw in some sliced olives if you want to splurge. One of my favorite quick meals. Great cold the next day too.
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese is amazing! I find it easier to use if you buy the "crumbled" form. My favorite is on top of lean burgers (right next to the patty, or mixed in to the patty so it melts) or on top of some stir-fried lean steak!

The flavor is just amazing. It is great on top of salads, of course. It is a staple in my refrigerator so I like eating it on just about anything. In an omelette is good too!

It is also a great addition to sweet potato fries (if you bake them). Crumble on the goat cheese crumbles as the fries are cooling... with mustard = amazing! Enjoy!
  • Seb83
    Seb83 Posts: 18
    Options
    You can make a good pizza with it.

If I remember right, you can use a pitta flat bread as the base, either chopped tomatos or tomato puree on the bread (or pesto), then layer with rocket salad, halved cherry tomatos and goats cheese and stick under the grill for 5-6 minutes.

If you prefer you can add the rocket after - hot salad can be a bit wierd. Also, drizzle with balsamic vinegar - very tasty!!
  • Sallerina84
    Sallerina84 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Goats cheese is good in veggie lasagne!

And really good with spinach, pine nuts and pesto pasta! or salad!

Goats cheese/spinach/pine nuts actually in just about any form........a match made in heaven!
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    Goat cheese is my absolute favorite! I have it instead of regular cheese in sandwiches, on pizza with spinach, or you can put it in a small baking dish with marinara sauce, bake it until soft, then eat it with pita chips. I seriously use it for everything!
  • ElliMC
    ElliMC Posts: 53
    Options
    You can roast some veggies (and some stips of chicken if you want to make it a main meal) with a clove of garlic, add a slice of goat's cheese on top and put under the grill and finish off with a drizzle of balsamic reduction. Yummy!
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    I'll work on writing up an actual recipe but with a son allergic to dairy and tomatoes, I had to create a new pasta sauce.

The ingredients were tofu for a bit of texture, pumpkin paste, oregano, rosemary, olive oil, goat cheese, black pepper, salt (though I'm not a heavy salter).

Goat cheese is quite wide ranging in its flavour though. I've had cheddar good for cheesy toast or sandwiches that would not work for anything else. Conversely, a soft goat cheese would fail at that.
  • liezelcha
    liezelcha Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cherrydietcoke1
    Options
    Goats cheese salad with parma ham, baked figs and balsamic vinagerette mmmmmmmmm
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    Oh! Lydmaneely, that sounds too delicious for words. I would leave out the ham and substitute something else, but right now that sounds better than anything.

Prereq. How about just griling or sauteeing some veggies in olive oll (or even flash boling) hebs to taste depending on the vegs then a bit of goat cheese over that. As a dish different types of G cheese would result in very different results.

I'd like to hear what you do. Since cholesterol is part of my struggle, I'm not doing as much cheese as I would otherwise.

Looking forward to it.

e