My Bra is KILLING ME.

Options
OKAY LADIES.

I NEED to know if anyone else has had this problem. Ever since I started working out everyday I have developed some wierd, dark, itchy spots on the side of my boobs. Like, righ where your boob meets your ribs, right under your arm pit.

At first, my nips were itching the shiz outta me, then underneath my chest, and now these damned spots! I have started using super moisturizer and body butter before and after my work outs, after showers, before bed, when i get itchy.

Has this happned to anyone else? Or am I just . . . diseased?!

Replies

• skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Do you think it could be an irritation from your sports bra/bra? Maybe a reaction from one of the products you're using?
  • Tarah1357
    Tarah1357 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hm...I think I'd probably check with a dermatologist. Have you tried a different style bra?
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    The only thing that is different, is that Ive been exercising. Same products, same bras, same everything. Except the sweating.
  • Zombriana
    Options
    Hm...I think I'd probably check with a dermatologist. Have you tried a different style bra?

I have two sports bras
    then i do a thing where i wear a bra with a crappy sports bra over it.

It's kind of hard to find one for me since my boobs are funny size. =[
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Have a dermatologist take a look at it. I haven't heard of sweat allergies before...
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Does whatever you're moisturising with contain oil or something that could be blocking up your pores or creating some kind of sweat rash?
  • BethebestMe
    Options
    Is it an underwire? If so could it be where the wire ends. I had a bra that did that on the sides and that was the problem. Maybe with your body changing it is not fitting right anymore.
  • wyoh26
    wyoh26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Like skinny said, it could be your bra or products you are using. Try changing bra and/or deodorant and see if that doesn't help ( if you do move away from similar materials/chemicals).

It can be fungus as well. Try using anti fungal cream.

If those don't work, I would say see a doctor; a dermatologist is best. Good Luck, hope you feel better!
  • Zombriana
    Options
    Does whatever you're moisturising with contain oil or something that could be blocking up your pores or creating some kind of sweat rash?

I was having this problem about 2 weeks prior to using the lotions. Now it is kind of gettin better, it's only been 3-4 days.
    It might just be the salt from the sweat drying out my skin??
  • DeeBee24
    DeeBee24 Posts: 4
    Options
    It is probably either irritation from an improper fit, or it could be a fungal infection. Yeast like moist, foldy areas. Try a mixture of 1%hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole cream (Lotrimin, in the foot care aisle). You can also use powder to keep that area drier. If that doesn't help, I would check into a new sports bra. Good luck.
  • Zombriana
    Options
    This sucks, I was hoping this was a common occurance. =[ Im just broken.

But no, it doesn't have an underwire.

Eww, what color would a fungus be?
    Mine are just a darker color from what my normal tone is.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the itching, but I have had spots under my boobies before. The doctor said they were from either not being dry enough after showering and then putting a bra on OR being sweaty and working out. I'm not sure what she called it but it had to the bra keeping the moisture locked in. If I were you I would go to the doctor to find out specifically what it is.

Edit: My spots were darker than my normal skim, but like I said no itching... good luck.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I used to have problems back when I first started working out and my sports bras were kinda tight (since they were likely a size too small or something). I'd get really itchy around the bottom band and my skin would be irritated. It happened with regular bras too that were also too tight. Once I shrunk a bit and my bras were fitting properly, no problems at all. So maybe you need to get a different size bra? If you're a weird size, maybe look online?
  • snockers3112
    snockers3112 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    It's probably an outbreak of black death....LOL just joking
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    have you tried letting everything thing dry fully rather than slapping on lotion? lay on your bed for a while after the shower and let the area air out.

wash your bras well and skip fabric softener. have you changed laundry soaps? Or moved to a place with different water?
  • Zombriana
    Options
    Its not too tight or anything. I wear a 34 D, but they dont really sell those anywhere. Mediums are too tight, and Larges are too big. But I did find a 34 C that worked well.

I guess it's a moisture issue.

I'll try out what you guys said, thanks a lot!!

:D
  • Zombriana
    Options
    It's probably an outbreak of black death....LOL just joking

:(
  • DeeBee24
    DeeBee24 Posts: 4
    Options

LOL. It usually just looks like a rash. Red and irritated skin.
  • CindyN58
    CindyN58 Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this sight. I have a problem with excessive sweating and boy can I tell you, it can cause rashes and sometimes extreme itchiness. I find the more I sweat, the worse it gets. And the patches will go away if you don't sweat as much. Try using baby powder or cornstarch. It helps a bit.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    This sucks, I was hoping this was a common occurance. =[ Im just broken.

But no, it doesn't have an underwire.

Mine are just a darker color from what my normal tone is.

it happened to me too. turns out the wires in my bra were causing me major pressure irritation. especially if the bras are old. they collect sweat and washing can only do so much. sounds like its time for new bras. and about size, i'm not sure what size you are but i am a big girl i went down to lane bryant and tried on about 40 bras until i found one that was comfortable (NOT TIGHT!) and then bought a sports bra online from lane bryant as well. :)