any suggestions?!

KarlaColvin
KarlaColvin Posts: 28
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Hello everyone!

I need some suggestions for quick on the go snacks. My schedules Tues & Thurs is hectic, I tend to grab whatever is near then when I get home from school @ 10pm I am hungry :/

I work 730-330
School 420-950

So I grab a quick dinner by 4pm, so I can make it to class, BUT as you can imagine I am so hungry by my 2nd class starting at 7:10pm even more when I am finally home by 10.

Any suggestions would help!! Thanks! :)

Replies

• angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    grapes, bananas, granola bars, cheese sticks, yogurts, mixed nuts.... If you like veggies, some carrot sticks with hummus
  • buckigirl
    buckigirl Posts: 10
    Try a good protein shake...it is easy and should hold you for about 3 hours. I also snack on animal crackers, protein bars (Fiber 1 bars are good) and fruit. If you do the protein shakes buy a shaker bottle....just ask for it at any GNC or like store...they will know wht you are talking about.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    nuts, fruit, celery with PB
  • Fresh fruit. My hubby works for fresh and easy so I get free containers of cut fruit but when he doesnt bring it home I go to costco buy strawberries, pineapple, melons to munch on.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    ALMONDS! I swear by nuts to keep me full. To give you an extra burst of energy - do almonds with an apple. Apples have been shown to wake you up better than caffeine.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    i second the ALMONDS !!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,412 Member
    I third the almonds with an apple, easy to carry in your pack to school without needing a cooler!
  • I will def go buy some today. Apple will be great too for energy since I am usually exhausted by my 2nd class! thanks everyone :)
  • I have a simular schedule. I like to bring raw almonds or baby carrots and humus. Sometimes I bring a small salad sprinkeled with a crumbly cheese, like feta or blue (I don't use dressing). And some days I get a small fat free latte - lattes fill me up!
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    I almost always carry an apple and string cheese when I am going to be out of the house for more than an hour or so in case I get hungry. Neither seems to suffer much from not being in a fridge for that long. The fiber in the apple and protein in the cheese can really help you feel full and give you some good energy!
This discussion has been closed.