chicks only plz

Options
do your boobs ever just randomly get sensitive? Ive noticed mine do this before but i have no clue why, it just came and went. Im really trying not to freak out about it cuz its happened just because before but i am a bit worried being pregnant seems to be spreading in my life like a cold. I dont think i am but my boobs freakn hurt! Help please!

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not a chick, but this happened to my gf recently and they were growing. She's a very small girl and they got noticeably bigger.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    Only the week before that lovely time of the month, but that's about it... it's usually something hormonal though. If you think there's even a chance you might be pregnant then you need to take a test!
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    mine r normally sensitive a week b4 im due on:smile:
  • NicolCook
    NicolCook Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Mine will occasionally do that around menstrual time. If it comes that you are having more symptoms, just take a test to easy your nerves.
  • MarandaRae
    Options
    Mine get sore before my menstrual cycle each month. I have been pregnant twice and they were never sore then. I wouldn't jump to that conclusion.
  • onawho
    onawho Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    the girls can become sensitive right before that "time of the month" or TOM as everyone on here likes to call it. have you notices that TOM is just around the corner?
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Your boobs can start to hurt usually the week before your period comes... :( its usually a hormonal thing but you should get checked if you are late on your period... usually in pregnancy the first sign is from the boobage area lol
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Occasionally mine will be extremely sensitive, mid cycle or when I'm due on. No idea why its not every time but I can usually use the fact that my boobs are ouchy as a warning of a bad period or ovulation...not that any of them are "good" but when my boobs hurt that much I know its going to be particularly bad. If yours arent associated with your cycle then I would test for pregnancy...just in case!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sometimes they can hurt before your time of the month. A doctor once told me they can hurt from drinking too much soda. It could be numerous things! Hope you get it figured out; I know 'that' scare is not very fun!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Occasionally mine will be extremely sensitive, mid cycle or when I'm due on. No idea why its not every time but I can usually use the fact that my boobs are ouchy as a warning of a bad period or ovulation...not that any of them are "good" but when my boobs hurt that much I know its going to be particularly bad. If yours arent associated with your cycle then I would test for pregnancy...just in case!

Ditto on all of the above, and if all else is not the cause, you still might be growing a little. I know more than one woman who did not get full growth till nearly 30.
  • koralnicole
    Options
    I wouldn't be overly concerned, it's probably hormonal.
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Mine gets sensitive a couple of days before my TOM but I will it was a major symptom for me before I knew I was pregnant. It was so sore but when I noticed that my period didn't come, I took a pregnancy test, and I was pregnant.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get sore at ovulation for a day, and than again for a few days before TOM. They do get irritated when I get a new bra, but I figure that would be due to chemicals used in the fabric processing. Have they been bounced around a bit too much maybe? Gotten really cold? Been uhhh "well loved"? :blushing:
  • sarahanneD21
    Options
    it is very common for this to happen before your time of the month but to be on the safe side you should probably do a preg test ...and if you feel neither of these are the problem go to see your doctor just for your own peace of mind x
  • lmschwanke
    lmschwanke Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would first take the test just to make sure.
    When was the last time you got yourself measured for bras?
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For some reason, this year seems to have gotten worse with pre-TOM breast pain. To the point where I swore I had a lump and was going to have cancer and what not. Thank goodness, it was all hormones. I'm trying to find the article but it basically said that women in their 30's can start to develop worse breast pain pre-TOM. I said a few choice words there. Advil and a heating pad are my friend.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned, hormonal changes due to your cycle can cause breast tenderness. Also ingesting large quantities of caffeine (including chocolate) can cause tenderness in some individuals.
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    It's all in the cycle. Boobs can become tender from an increase in progesterone that follows ovulation and peaks just before menstruation. Progesterone is the hormone produced that keeps a (potentially) fertilized egg looking good in the 3 to 10 days it can take for it to implant in the uterus and start producing its own progesterone.

The breast tenderness can feel exactly the same if you are pregnant or not. The difference is that with pregnancy, they keep being tender. If you are not pregnant, your period will begin, the progesterone will sharply fall off, and boobs stop being tender.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Caffeine can also cause this. Before mammogram we always tell patients not to drink coffee or caffeinated drinks.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ok glad others are getting it not just before tom comes im like 2 weeks off from him so ya.. im not too worried that im prego but it sucks to have the smallest doubt in the back of your mind if you know you arent ready yet, its been a coming and going tenderness the past few days, i hope they arent growing, ive got too much as is lol but i guess thatd be much better to the alternative but i hope its neither. thanks guys :smile: