Need help! Knees! Low-impact workouts?

Options
Hi everyone! I am having great difficulty with my knees and would like to know if anyone has any ideas of what kind of exercises
I can do to keep my calorie burn high without all the stress on me knees?

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    ellipticals and cycling (like a spin class). I used to have bad knees but these 2 things never bothered them.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    water arobics
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Are you able to get into a pool near you? My gym has several water aerobics classes that I was planning on taking.
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    Look into some exercises using a ball. Not high calorie burn, but great for strength!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Ellipticals.

The stationary bikes make my knees pop constantly. Not that it hurts them, but it just annoys me so I stick with elliptical workouts

EDIT: I just died laughing at your name. Therapist and "the rapist" are hard to distinguish when theres no spaces in a user name.
  • Therapist_mama
    Therapist_mama Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    @bmontgomery87 LOL you are about the third or fourth person to note that!:noway: Makes me wonder where people's minds are!:huh: I am a Massage Therapist and a Mom thus the name.:laugh:

I thought of water aerobics too. I wish I could find a pool that did not have chlorine in it! I am extremely sensitive to chlorine and get very ill whenever I smell it or am immersed in it!

I do have recreation center nearby that has ellipticals. Thanks for the advice everyone!