Frozen Blueberries

Options
Do you have any idea how amazing frozen blueberries are? (Thank you Mother Nature!! :happy: )

They are in season now, soooo sweet and alot less expensive this time of year!!

Step 1. Buy container of blueberries in produce section (about $2).

Step 2. Wash thoroughly with cool running water.

Step 3. Freeze right in the same container.

Step 4. Enjoy anytime you want a sweet delicious snack filled with antioxidents.
Half a cup is only 40 calories and is such a great snack!!!!!!

~Namaste :flowerforyou:

~Mi

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Do you have any idea how amazing frozen blueberries are? (Thank you Mother Nature!! :happy: )

They are in season now, soooo sweet and alot less expensive this time of year!!

Step 1. Buy container of blueberries in produce section (about $2).

Step 2. Wash thoroughly with cool running water.

Step 3. Freeze right in the same container.

Step 4. Enjoy anytime you want a sweet delicious snack filled with antioxidents.
    Half a cup is only 40 calories and is such a great snack!!!!!!

~Mi
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I love-love frozen blueberries - I buy huge bags of frozen blueberries from Costco and snack on them year round (I like 'em even better than ice cream!)

The kids love 'em too - you get vitamins and fiber. Can't beat that. :)

I don't buy them fresh and freeze tho (fresh berries are eaten right away!) - frozen bulk packages are cheaper here. I did hear that you are supposed to freeze fresh berries on a cookie sheet (flat surface) to prevent them from sticking to eachother as they freeze - never tried it. Do yours stick when you freeze them in the container?
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Hi Molly,

If a couple of blueberries stick together when I freeze them right in the original container all I have to do is shake the container and they seperate.

Wow...are they good!! :wink: