Boston marathoners?

Options
Any Boston marathoners on here? 5 more days!!

Replies

• therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My goal is Boston 2014, so I have a few years to train. :)

Good luck.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Good Luck! I ran last year and it was amazing. Had to have a bunion surgery so I'm not in this year. :( Very sad to be missing it. Good Luck!!!!!! Going to be a perfect running weather day!
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Best of Luck! As with all long distance runners... Boston is my list of things to do!
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Best of Luck! As with all long distance runners... Boston is my list of things to do!

Do it!! Do it! Best experience EVER!
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Good Luck! My friend Kristin will be running it! She's WAY good...me, I'm doing Grandma's :wink:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I wish I were running it this year

did it in 2007 & 2008

going to try BQ at SF this summer now that I am finally uninjured
  • arc918
    Options
    Any Boston marathoners on here? 5 more days!!

what's up Maniac?

greetings from #1477
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My goal is Boston 2014, so I have a few years to train. :)

Good luck.

You'll get it! Just stay focused, listen to your body and keep injuries at bay :)
  • JessicaFB
    Options
    Good Luck! I ran last year and it was amazing. Had to have a bunion surgery so I'm not in this year. :( Very sad to be missing it. Good Luck!!!!!! Going to be a perfect running weather day!

Sorry about your surgery :( You'll be back!
    I'm hoping the weather holds up!
  • JessicaFB
    Options

You can do it! Train smart and it CAN happen! 2 years ago, I would never have believed it!
  • JessicaFB
    Options

did it in 2007 & 2008

Hi MM! I hear you on injuries! I ran Boston in 2005 and that's where my PR resides. Not sure if I'll beat it this year, but I'm just happy to be fast again. I swear, cross-training and lower mileage saved me!!
  • jjhenry5
    jjhenry5 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've never thought I'd be fast enough. I hit 40 in a little over a year, so maybe with the slightly higher qual time I'll give it a go.
  • jeffrodgers1
    jeffrodgers1 Posts: 991 Member
    Options

You can do it! Train smart and it CAN happen! 2 years ago, I would never have believed it!

Its not about whether I can do it... Ran Honolulu the year before last and a few locals since and while I tend to find the Half is a better distance for me... Its not about the training.

It's about the Qualifying and the $$$ to go to New England!
  • JessicaFB
    Options
    I've never thought I'd be fast enough. I hit 40 in a little over a year, so maybe with the slightly higher qual time I'll give it a go.
    Never say never, right? How are you training right now? Strength? Plyometricss? Any races coming up soon? Miles/wk?
  • arc918
    Options

did it in 2007 & 2008

Hi MM! I hear you on injuries! I ran Boston in 2005 and that's where my PR resides. Not sure if I'll beat it this year, but I'm just happy to be fast again. I swear, cross-training and lower mileage saved me!!

Good luck on Monday!

For me Boston will never be a PR course (unless there is a 20 MPH tailwind - which I heard you just may get). Coming out there on West Coast time, getting up early (crazy early) to hop on a bus and then wait around for the start does not suit me well in terms of running a fast race. More power to those who can kick *kitten* on that course!
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ill be there at the start line...and hoping to cross that finish line! =)
  • arc918
    Options
    Good luck runners!
  • JessicaFB
    Options
    Not bad for a 32 year old:
    #8974 of 23879 finishers
    #1942 of 10073 female finishers
    #1446 of 5202 female finishers, aged 18-39

3:34:29!!!! 8:11 average pace. The hills got me in the 2nd half, but I held on!! I'm happy I started fast!!

I really owe it to my revised training regimen :)
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    amazing lady :drinker:
  • arc918
    Options
    Way to go! Boston is a tough course, sounds like you really nailed it!