Picked up a copy of Master Your Metabolism

Options
I've been steady reading this book since I got home with it today. I know a lot of people don't like Jillian Michaels, but I'm not one of them. I like her. Not the prettiest girl on the planet, but I like her attitude, style, personality, and of course, her expertise.

This book, so far, is pretty interesting. She talks about how hormones play such a huge role in our weight, and in later chapters, apparently gets into what foods play the best with the hormones in our bodies which make us gain/lose weight.

Anyone else read this book and care to discuss? If not, that's fine :) I'll just go back to reading, LOL!

Replies

• JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am curious what others have to say. It may be something I am interested in reading.
  • Melisha82
    Melisha82 Posts: 243
    Options
    I LOVE that book!!!
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    I've been considering getting that book...thanks for your comment about it...I too think Jill is awesome.
    I will have to pick it up.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    This book is a huge motivator for me. She suffers from Hypothyroidism, like I do, and I learned more about how to manage my disease from her book than my doctors!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    sounds intresting might have to look into that book, wonder if its on kindle
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have read it. I liked the ideas, but can't stick to all of them. I do try to eat most of my carbs early in the day and not eat any starchy carbs at night. It seems to help me and my diabetic hubby. I also try to eat regularly 4-6 times a day, but the organic thing is out for me because it is just not available in my area. I also avoid soy because of what she says. I thought the book made a lot of sense. :)
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    yep they have it for kindle gonna check i out
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    sounds interesting, i might have to pick it up after finishing the book i am reading now.

What To Eat by Marion Nestle
    [very good, highly recommend!]