19 lbs later

Options
I signed on to MFP on March 1st, and drastically changed my eating habits. My wife had joined Jenny Craig and I knew I needed to make a change in my habits. My big hang-up is with portion size. I had gotten used to eating all of my food, and then finishing off others' plates as well, and my body began showing how foolish that was.

Since I began here I have dropped 19 lbs and weigh less than I have in probably 6 or 7 years. I continue to lose a little each week and I know I would lose more if I was more dedicated to exercise. No reason not to exercise other than I have not hit a level where it feels comfortable to me. I know I will get there, and I hope it happens soon.

I have tried to drop the weight many times in the past, but this is my first real success and I owe it completely to logging every bit of food that enters my mouth.

My long-term goal is to get to the normal BMI range, and my short term goal is to get to the overweight range which is just a few lbs away.

Thanks for reading!

Marc

Replies

• Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Way to go. Keep it up. I feel your pain with the exercise thing but I know if I don't exercise I won't eat right either....Wish you the best of luck.