Pimples, Zits, & Dieting?

Options
Has anyone else experienced that getting down to a certain weight brings out the pimples? Am I imagining that it's related to dropping weight?

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I really am and I think it is more like my body is flushing out the crap. I've been up on my water and use zapzyt LOL...it totally works.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive had them the last couple of weeks, and im drinking loads of water
  • GeminiStayFresh
    Options
    I actually have had the same problem but didn't correlate the two! I ordered proactive.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I won a sample of the new Oxy acne line. I dont know how much it is, but I tend to get one or two around my TOM, and it worked within hours. Seriously.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i too, have been getting my fair share of pimples... but i thought eating better & drinking water was supposed to make ur skin BETTER... not worse :sad:
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    My skin has actually gotten a lot clearer since working out and eating better. I think the sweat cleans out the toxins.
  • cocobeenie
    Options
    My skin has gotten a lot better since I started dieting. But it could be many things... No more dry winter weather, no alcohol, lots of water and herbal teas, lots of veggies and therefore vitamins. I've also been using Paula's Choice 8% alpha hydroxy acid (glycolic acid) with the product set available on acne.org (face wash, 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, and moisturizer). The glycolic acid did a number on my skin at first, making it sensitive and dry but I stuck with it until my skin adapted and it was well worth it. :)
  • hellokittymfp
    Options
    I was about to post the same concern. I've become really zitty in the past month, and other than working out more and trying to improve my diet, I can think of nothing else that may be causing it.
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    For me it's been mostly on my back. I just have to work a little harder to scrub. The nice thing, though, is it's getting easier to reach! :smile:
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you are working out more, be sure not to wear makeup while working out. It will clog your pores. Also, be sure to wash your face as soon as you can after a workout. As for associating it to the actual weight loss, I have a theory. As you lose fat the amount of hormones in your fat changes. Kind of like when a woman loses too much weight she doesn't get her period or has trouble getting pregnant. IDK...just a theory...

On another note, I've been battling acne since I was 13 and I'm now 41! The only thing that has EVER worked for me is PROACTIV. I highly recommend it.
  • cberchiolly
    cberchiolly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Only started program two weeks ago, but I've started to experience the same break outs. I'm drinking 5 cups of a day right now. Trust me that's a great improvement. I usually don't even drink that much water in 3 days. Going to keep trying to up my water intake in hopes that this will pass. I was using a program last year called Abagi, GREAT STUFF, its expensive though but well worth it. It even helps with dark spots and scars in conjunction with acne.
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    If you are working out more, be sure not to wear makeup while working out. It will clog your pores. Also, be sure to wash your face as soon as you can after a workout. As for associating it to the actual weight loss, I have a theory. As you lose fat the amount of hormones in your fat changes. Kind of like when a woman loses too much weight she doesn't get her period or has trouble getting pregnant. IDK...just a theory...

On another note, I've been battling acne since I was 13 and I'm now 41! The only thing that has EVER worked for me is PROACTIV. I highly recommend it.

very good tip thanks!! i always work out in the evening after i get off work, & i still have my make up on... i will start washing my face before & immediately after work outs now!! thanks :flowerforyou: