movies.. HELP!

KrystalEmma
KrystalEmma Posts: 4
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Im going to the movies with my friends, and im just wondering if anyone has any ideas for snacky foods that i can eat, but not be high in calories or fat or anything like that.... does anyone have any suggestions!?

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Im going to the movies with my friends, and im just wondering if anyone has any ideas for snacky foods that i can eat, but not be high in calories or fat or anything like that.... does anyone have any suggestions!?

carrot sticks/babycarrots?
  • Take a big bag and bring your own snacks!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Sometimes I make popcorn at home and take it with me. Portion control and I know there isn't tons of butter and salt added :smile:
  • i want like sweets and stuff, like not healthy! lol but im wondering if theres anything out there thats sweet and yummy yet still healthy at the same time...
    its soooo hard!!!:sad:
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Pop some popcorn before you go and put it in a zip-lock baggie. It will be fresher and a lot healthier than the stuff they make at the theaters. Just try to make sure the popcorn you make doesn't have a lot of salt or butter on it.

Almonds and other types nuts are also good for snacks. They're higher in fat, but it's good fat.

What movie are you seeing? :smile:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    a few raw almonds.
    Jujubees aren't too bad (and are difficult to eat, so last a while)

I've taken egg-coloring cups in my bag to share popcorn (1 for each boy, 1 for me), and that works if you don't want to smuggle food in.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    I usually bring string cheese or frozen grapes.
  • LauraB327
    LauraB327 Posts: 17
    I would maybe take trail mix.. or a hard candy or really chewy candy (something that will take you longer to eat- thus eating less)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Organic fruit leathers are a somewhat healthy alternative...
  • Pop some popcorn before you go and put it in a zip-lock baggie. It will be fresher and a lot healthier than the stuff they make at the theaters. Just try to make sure the popcorn you make doesn't have a lot of salt or butter on it.

Almonds and other types nuts are also good for snacks. They're higher in fat, but it's good fat.

What movie are you seeing?

The almonds and other nuts are a good idea! i will have to run to the grocery store before i go! and im seeing limitless! it looks really good :)
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    There is pretty much nothing healthy at the movies except maybe bottled water -- but that's not very healthy for the planet apparently ;) I went last weekend with my boyfriend and watched him order a small popcorn and douse it in that weird movie butter stuff and pour salt on top of that. *sigh* I usually don't bring anything though because I'm terrified I'll get caught. :/
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    I like to make my own trail mix:
    plain almonds
    raisins
    craisins
    sometimes some sunflower seeds (already shelled)
    sometimes brazil nuts (to change it up)
    sometimes a few chocolate chips or M&Ms for a delightful surprise :D (a few!)

I make up a batch (just put everything in a cannister or rubbermaid and shake it up!) and then use a 1/4 cup scoop so i know 'how much' i'm putting in a baggie/snack container.

sweet potato fries, oven baked or even a cooked sweet potato wrapped in foil!
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    All of the above are great, another is the mini bags of snacks, like 100 calorie or mini flavored rice/popcorn cakes for the popcorn feel.....Have fun and try not to worry, just log whatever you decide to eat!
  • bethanyweathers
    bethanyweathers Posts: 296 Member
    Pop some popcorn before you go and put it in a zip-lock baggie. It will be fresher and a lot healthier than the stuff they make at the theaters. Just try to make sure the popcorn you make doesn't have a lot of salt or butter on it.

What movie are you seeing?

The almonds and other nuts are a good idea! i will have to run to the grocery store before i go! and im seeing limitless! it looks really good :)

That's the one with Bradley Cooper, right? It does look good if that's the one I'm thinking of. Good luck with your healthy movie viewing, let me know how it goes!
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    I like sunflower seeds! lots of work to eat just a little. They probably won't work in a quiet movie though! ha ha. I take a diet soda too, they fill me up quick, I can never finish. A good trail mix is nice and healthy too. 100 calorie snacks. That's all I got.
This discussion has been closed.