Turbo Jam

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm new here but I just wanted to let everyone know about Turbo Jam.

Last year (Feb 2, 2007) I started doing Turbo Jam. I'm a cold turkey kind of person so I automatically stopped eating ANY junk food and just ate really healthy and started doing Turbo Jam for an hour a day. By March 5th, I had lost 30 pounds! woohoo! (I started at 240lbs). Then I upped it to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and by April had lost another 20 pounds. I plateaued at 190 and over the course of the next few months I eventually got down to 180. I would've continued my weight loss path but I got pregnant (my hubby liked my new body ;-) haha). I just started doing Turbo Jam again and I have a feeling I'll be able to lose all my baby weight. When my daughter was born I weighed 245lbs. ugh. I'm now down to 212.8lbs. :-) woohoo! So my first goals are 200, then 180 and eventually 160.

If any of you do Turbo Jam, please let everyone know how much you like it. Or if you don't, mention that too. It worked for me and I love it! :-)

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm new here but I just wanted to let everyone know about Turbo Jam.

Last year (Feb 2, 2007) I started doing Turbo Jam. I'm a cold turkey kind of person so I automatically stopped eating ANY junk food and just ate really healthy and started doing Turbo Jam for an hour a day. By March 5th, I had lost 30 pounds! woohoo! (I started at 240lbs). Then I upped it to 2 hours a day, 5 days a week and by April had lost another 20 pounds. I plateaued at 190 and over the course of the next few months I eventually got down to 180. I would've continued my weight loss path but I got pregnant (my hubby liked my new body ;-) haha). I just started doing Turbo Jam again and I have a feeling I'll be able to lose all my baby weight. When my daughter was born I weighed 245lbs. ugh. I'm now down to 212.8lbs. :-) woohoo! So my first goals are 200, then 180 and eventually 160.

If any of you do Turbo Jam, please let everyone know how much you like it. Or if you don't, mention that too. It worked for me and I love it! :-)
  • dmor
    dmor Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...but what is Turbo Jam?
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I love it!!!!! I do it twice a week. We call it turbocamp. We do 45 min of turbo jam and 45 mins of a boot camp (mainly P 90X).
    Love it! Plus my instructor is amazing!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    turbo jam is my other exercise LOL...and I love it...running is my first choice, but if I can't get out turbo jam kicks my butt and shapes it too! woo hoo!

I do five different ones....my favs are the cardio party and the 20 min burn for those morning when I only have so much time....and the abs jam ....I just love the moves and the dancing...they do work!

hugs!
    Ali
  • kitty6
    kitty6 Posts: 24
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! I have all but 1 or 2 of the workouts..
    I'm so excited to get ChaLEAN Extreme which is comming out in Oct.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I like it, it's fun and different.
    Get's ya sweating.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    So I looked up Turbo Jam on-line. It looks fun! Question: I don't like cardio moves that require a lot of jumping around. The little promo video seemed to show more stationary movement with twisting and bending and such. Is that accurate???
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    So I looked up Turbo Jam on-line. It looks fun! Question: I don't like cardio moves that require a lot of jumping around. The little promo video seemed to show more stationary movement with twisting and bending and such. Is that accurate???

Oh she jumps...but there is a designated modifier that does it all low impact.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Thanks ChubbyBunny. I might just have to check it out!

(BTW ~ your new hair looks awesome! I was gone for a week and I had to do a double take on your picture . . . You look mah-vah-lous . . .):flowerforyou:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...but what is Turbo Jam?

It's an exercise program. :tongue:
    It's a different type of cardio, not so rigid or strict.
    Uses a lot of kickboxing, dance, etc type moves.

There are tons of videos, I have most of them and it does weights, ball work, cardio.....all sorts!
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Thanks ChubbyBunny. I might just have to check it out!

(BTW ~ your new hair looks awesome! I was gone for a week and I had to do a double take on your picture . . . You look mah-vah-lous . . .):flowerforyou:

Why thank n you!
    The program is fun if you like an exciting and different style workout.
    I bore easily.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Supposedly all of the BeachBody/MillionDollarBody programs are really good. I'm starting P90x right now but I'd eventually like to expand to Turbo Jam and the Slim series.

Good luck! :smile:
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam! I have all but 1 or 2 of the workouts..
    I'm so excited to get ChaLEAN Extreme which is comming out in Oct.

I think it's like Chalene's version of Tony's Horton's P90X...I was put on the waiting list, too. I do TJ about 5 days a week-alternate with jogging. I LOOOOVE it! My favorites are Cardio Party 3 and Punch, Kick, Jam. I really want the exercise ball workout.

It's the most fun bunch of workouts I have ever done!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Yah she does!!! I've tried keeping up with her and can't jump NEARLY as high!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

Yah she does!!! I've tried keeping up with her and can't jump NEARLY as high!!

she's a fun little dynamo isn't she LOL....p-p-party! lol

hugs turbo jammers!...and jammers to be...I bet you'll love it!
    Ali :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Turbo day.....
    She will kill me.....all sweaty tomorrow. :noway:
    It's my last real workout before I go camping!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Is Turbo Jam better than Hip Hop abs????
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    Is Turbo Jam better than Hip Hop abs????

Oh that's a tricky one....cause I have that one too (loaned it to my sis-in-law)
    I think they both work, but I have noticed when I do/did HHA I had to REALLY concentrate on the movements to make the work.
    For me TJ is more second nature, but that could be cause I do it more regularly.

I think either way if you focus and stick with it you'll get results.
    I LOVE HHA Total Body....fabulous!
  • apigchangedmylife
    Options
    I just bought Turbo Jam with the weighted gloves and I am having a hard time getting into it. I LOVE Power90. It is short but extensive workout. I can see the results in my mid section from belly to thighs and my arms. I read and hear all the time how much people love TJ so is it me? You guys make me want to give it another chance.
  • ChubbyBunny
    Options
    I just bought Turbo Jam with the weighted gloves and I am having a hard time getting into it. I LOVE Power90. It is short but extensive workout. I can see the results in my mid section from belly to thighs and my arms. I read and hear all the time how much people love TJ so is it me? You guys make me want to give it another chance.

It's a different style.
    P90, Slim'n 6, P90X are more rigid...."traditional" type work outs.

TJ, HHA, Rockin Abs, those are more dance inspired....so their approach is different.

Does that make sense?