Taste change?

Options
SSampley
SSampley Posts: 153 Member
Has anybody's taste changed since changing your eating habbits? I use to not really like alot of spice and now I cant seem to get enough, I pepper everything and want spicy stuff all the time! Just courious if this is normal or not...

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say it "changed," but more like I've broadened my palate to enjoy a wider variety of foods...to the extent that I'm almost tempted to go on a "Bizarre Foods" search a la Andrew Zimmern from the Travel Channel. :noway:
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I have found I don't really like many other drinks other than water/mint water now. I used to LOVE pop and lemonades but not so much anymore. I bought a light lemonade today to treat myself but only drank about 1/3 of it and threw it out. I just didn't like the taste anymore.
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    The only difference I can tell is with salt. So many things taste salty to me now. I had some chips the other night and I thought they were way too salty, whereas before, it wouldn't have bothered me.
  • AngelicaDulas
    Options
    Interesting! LOL i can't stand to eat salty stuff any more now that I deliberately try to take in less than 2000 mg a day. I tried to eat some tomato basil soup at a restaurant last week and it tasted SOOOoo salty I couldn't even tell it was tomato soup. I love spicy though! it's been a life long thing for me though, not recent. :) Not a bad thing either! Chile peppers aid with digestion in moderation and increase blood flow in the body, boosting your metabolism (very slightly, mind you) so I say spice away!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    hhhmmm maybe it is I use to crave sweet since I dont do that I crave spicy? I dont know...I guess my family will just have to learn to like red pepper...haha Thanks for the feed back!!!!
  • kristy12379
    kristy12379 Posts: 239
    Options
    I wouldn't say it "changed," but more like I've broadened my palate to enjoy a wider variety of foods...to the extent that I'm almost tempted to go on a "Bizarre Foods" search a la Andrew Zimmern from the Travel Channel. :noway:

I love that guy! And Anthony Bourdain too!