What do you do after a bad day?

Options
missb92
missb92 Posts: 200 Member
Ok so today I went to the cinema with a few friends. Started off the day eating healthy, trying to save calories for that evening. Ended up having a mcdonalds, popcorn and some sweets. Went way over with my calories, obviously! :( But im determined to get back on track tomorrow.
I was just wondering what you guys do after you've had a rough one? I was planning on working out extra hard tomorrow and not eating them exercise calories back...just to make up for what I overate today? This sound like a plan?? What are your thoughts? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• yankeefamily05
    Options
    Ok so today I went to the cinema with a few friends. Started off the day eating healthy, trying to save calories for that evening. Ended up having a mcdonalds, popcorn and some sweets. Went way over with my calories, obviously! :( But im determined to get back on track tomorrow.
    I was just wondering what you guys do after you've had a rough one? I was planning on working out extra hard tomorrow and not eating them exercise calories back...just to make up for what I overate today? This sound like a plan?? What are your thoughts? :flowerforyou:

I just shut the cover on that day! Tomorrow is another day! Don't dwell on it!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I usually just carry on as normal. Sometimes that calorie splurge is just what our bodies need.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    After a bad day, go back to normal as soon as possible. Don't try to "make up" for anything.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Your plan seems like a good one.

Even though you went way over it's still important for you to log it a) so you can see the truth and b) so you know what you'll have to do to re-dress the balance.

Loads of water, extra workout tomorrow maybe most importantly do dwell on it. Log it, realise what happened, move one

We all have bad days - I know I do
  • SandyLee1961
    SandyLee1961 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    today is a new day. We all fall off the fitness wagon. Don't worry about what happened yesterday - just make sure you stick to your goals today. As long as you are more "on" than "off" you should be ok - and sure, you could do some extra workouts, but I would try to stick to your calorie intake :)
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Not stress over it.... Just drink more water for the next day to get the sodium out of your system. Tomorrow is a new day and you can't change what is already done. YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE A BAD DAY!!!! THERE ARE NO DIET POLICE. :tongue:
  • missrugby
    missrugby Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't dwell on it and start the next day off as normal. I have surprised myself a few times with eating really bad one day, getting back on track, and actually having a BIGGER weight loss than what I expected. I think sometimes the shock is good for our bodies. :-) Don't beat yourself up over it.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Same thing I do after a bad two weeks. Start over, and get back to doing what makes you successful. I wouldn't start trying to "make up" calories. You'll just drive yourself nuts.
  • groucherella
    Options
    I scream into a pillow or hit the batting cages on days I'm weak and feel horrible about myself.

On other days, I let it go and start the next day fresh.
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Just remember that you are human and will have ups and downs...this is about overall healthy eating and exercise so try to be under in calories the rest of the week and a little over in exercise and all will be well!! Don't WORRY!!! And don't try to go too hard.."slow and steady WINS the race" All the best..
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    The BEST thing you can do, is to FORGET ABOUT IT! Instead of beating yourself up, feeling guilting, and spending time 'making up' for your extra calories....just realize that it HAPPENS, its over with, tomorrow is a new day!! :)

Go back to you eating plan tomorrow, drink plenty of water, and SMILE....life is good! :)
  • shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    I thought you said you weren't going to get popcorn and sweets!!!! Dont worry, i had a fun sized moro bar!!! YUMMY!!

I would start a new day, just my opinion.......but that doesnt seem to be working very well!! :laugh:
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You should have a day to treat yourself, but don't go overboard..... work harder every single day!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I take one day at a time! Don't beat yourself up... I drink plenty more water the next day to erase the previous days oooppssies!!

:smile:
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I've heard "bad days" once in awhile are just what your metabolism needs to keep from getting lazy.
    I don't know if that's true but I like the idea
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    I might exercise extra hard the next day, but still eat most, if not all, of the exercise calories.

The one thing I would definitely do is to increase the water intake. 16 glasses, for sure! Gotta flush the sodium :drinker: Otherwise, don't dwell on it and get right back on track.
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I try to go back to "normal" on my eating and exercise, rather than making it up -- but I will drink more water to wash out the sodium.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Don't try to make up, just learn from the day and carry on. Figure out what your triggers were to overeat...and really, if anything, focus on your water consumption. You'll need it after all the sodium in the popcorn...

Good job on getting back to the normal routine!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    It actually sounds like a good day to me. You had fun with your friends and allowed yourself to do what you wanted. Tomorrow, hopefully you will want to eat healthier and work out, but that is just a different kind of good day.
  • ireneh124
    ireneh124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't make it a whole day. I don't say "tomorrow", I say from this point forward. I stopped "labeling" my days, it was choosing healthy, or choosing unhealthy. Not good or bad. That way the "choice" is mine, not blaming it on friends, movies, stress, outside factors. You're not bad, just choices aren't healthy for what you desire for yourself.