Hello From Des Moines, Iowa

So I'm here trying to make myself better for myself. Like alot of people I've been that fat kid and well now I'm the fat guy, kind boring if you ask me. So I'm taking strides right now and trying to become more healthy. Currently I work out at a local gym for about 90 min 3 days a week, I've been trying to focus more on cardio and resistance training, them weight lifting and "bulking up" if you will. Looking to be alittle leaner then I am now, not expecting heart throb looks here, just better sense of myself and a smaller waist. So I hope to meet and greet with some people and share some suggestions!

Thanks
Ryan

Replies

• So I'm here trying to make myself better for myself. Like alot of people I've been that fat kid and well now I'm the fat guy, kind boring if you ask me. So I'm taking strides right now and trying to become more healthy. Currently I work out at a local gym for about 90 min 3 days a week, I've been trying to focus more on cardio and resistance training, them weight lifting and "bulking up" if you will. Looking to be alittle leaner then I am now, not expecting heart throb looks here, just better sense of myself and a smaller waist. So I hope to meet and greet with some people and share some suggestions!

Thanks
    Ryan
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Welcome aboard!
    I love the support that we get on this site.
    There are SO many people that understand.
    You are not alone here! :flowerforyou:
    Good luck and keep us posted.
    --Diann...
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Welcome! Finally someone from the same area! I wish you the best of luck! This site is great because it makes you much more aware of what you are consuming and doing! So, if you stick with it, I'm fully confident that you can achieve the results you are looking for! And the support here is great! So, the best of luck to ya, and let us know if there is anything you need!!

*Kistinbee*:bigsmile:
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    Welcome fellow Des Moines resident! We are glad you joined.
  • Thanks guys! It's good to see some familiar faces if you will! I do like this site because I can keep track of so much and it does all the work for you! I never realized how much I actually consumed througout the day. My lunch alone took over half my alloted calories and I never thought I ate much! I'm not a dieter, never have been never will be, but portion control is something I've been trying to learn. Make the most of my food, instead of the other way around.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Well this site definetely helps with that! So, enjoy! And good luck! :bigsmile:
    *kistinbee*
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Good luck
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome Ryan,
    Good luck to you. You picked a great site, and we are all here for you!
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Hello and Welcome Ryan!
    You have come to the right place.
    Good Luck!
    Loretta :flowerforyou: