how do I lose these thighs?

Options
Does anybody have any advice on how to lose fat or inches in your thighs(inner thighs)?

Any diet plan / fitness routine / specific exercise to help lose fat or inches?

I've been trying to watch my calories and run almost everyday or have some kind of walking/running time everyday. I've also been trying to do wall-sits to help burn fat in my butt and thighs...I suppose I'm seeing a little progress but I'm not where I want to be yet and I was wondering if I'm going about it in the right way?

Does playing sports help? I try to have a little bit of soccer or volleyball or something if I can't go run that night.

Please comment...any advice would be much appreciated!! :)

Thanks!

Replies

• lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump... I hope you get a lotta comments... I need this advice too!! :)
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Well, you can't choose to lose fat in a certain place, but you can build the muscle under it, making it firmer, and as you lose weight, you'll lose it all over.
    As far as sports, or exercises... Any use of your legs is using the muscles, but for inner thighs, there's a machine.... not sure if you gym has one, but you squeeze your legs together, and bata boom. Also, if you lie on your side-everything stacked, (do it on both sides) with your top leg slightly in front of the bottom, and lift the bottom leg, that works that muscle :)
  • misrical
    misrical Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    also gonna recommend exercise that incorporates lunges and squats.
    I am having alot of success with the 30 day shred from Jillian Michaels myself.
    my gf was just commenting the other night that my legs were changing and getting more firm /meow :P
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Alright, this is what I do, I've noticed that my thighs have gotten a lot more toned and slimmer....

Squats (toes out, ballet squats)
    Floor Jacks (push up position, legs in in out like a jumping jacks)
    Lunges
    Lunges to a WIDE angle....

Ummm... If you need anything else.. You can friend me. :) This is what I do in kickboxing!
  • smylex
    smylex Posts: 14
    Options
    Barring amputation, try hip abduction or hip adduction exercises with light weights and lots of repetitions. Actually, any leg exercises will help out, just make sure to keep the weights low and the reps higher. If you go lower reps and higher weight, you'll start building up muscle, but this may not be your primary goal - unless you want thighs that look like you play soccer!
  • Dish66
    Dish66 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there,

Well I need to work on my thighs too but I have noticed that friends who have skinny legs are runners.

I have a friend who lost 55 pounds last year and she has fantastic legs and she did it by running - lots 45 to 60 minutes 5 x per week.

Good luck you are doing great with your weight loss!
  • Bridge_CG
    Options
    OH! ALSO! Haha...

Um.. Scissor kicks (laying on your back, hands under your butt, kicking your legs out horizontally)

AND!!! Bicycle sit ups, both good for your legs and your lower abs!
  • kkwellness
    kkwellness Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    SQUATS and Lunges- dead lifts... thats all you need. Take it from me-
  • Bridge_CG
    Options
    OH! ALSO! Haha...

Um.. Scissor kicks (laying on your back, hands under your butt, kicking your legs out horizontally)

AND!!! Bicycle sit ups, both good for your legs and your lower abs!

And plyometric lunges and squats. Yes. Sorry for all of this.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Just keep it up, i did running and still do with strength training now and have lost 5+ inches off each of my thighs, just have to be patient.
  • SpazEMcGee
    SpazEMcGee Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it coming! lol. And...is there anything to be done about toning your legs when you have shin-splints? Cause I thought they were gone and then I've run the last couple of days and after I played kickball today I found out that they are back in full force! :P
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Read "How to escape your shape" by Edward J. Jackowski. I am proof that this works.