Late night snack = weight less in the a.m.?

Options
Two nights ago I had a bowl of cereal past 8pm - even though I try not to eat past 8.

I woke up yesterday morning and I was 151.

Last night I did not eat past 8.

I woke up this morning and was 153.

I had calories left over to eat yesterday, so what's up?

Replies

• SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You could be retaining water...don't stress it. We vary in weight by 4 pounds when retaining. It'll go back down.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    fluid levels vary daily.

Also why do you not eat past 8? The whole not eating at night thing is a big fat myth
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It depends on several variables. How much water did you drink? How much sodium did you take in? How healthy was the food you ate throughout the day? Did you do exercise? Etc. The information in your Food Diary is key in answering these sorts of questions.
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I WISH I KNEW! My husband thinks I've lost enough. I weigh 150.0. So he's on a bake a cake a week spree. I have zero willpower when it comes to cake. I can look at one and boom I've eaten the first half and begun on the second. Anyway he baked week before last just after I had hit 148.2. Next day I'm 152.8. At that point I could have thrown the scales to the moon. Needless to say I've worked by bada bing off for over a week just to see 150 again. Very discouraging.
  • peepocheck
    peepocheck Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I WISH I KNEW! My husband thinks I've lost enough. I weigh 150.0. So he's on a bake a cake a week spree. I have zero willpower when it comes to cake. I can look at one and boom I've eaten the first half and begun on the second. Anyway he baked week before last just after I had hit 148.2. Next day I'm 152.8. At that point I could have thrown the scales to the moon. Needless to say I've worked by bada bing off for over a week just to see 150 again. Very discouraging.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I am a late night eater. I never eat breakfast not because of the late nights but I'm never hungry.
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If he is going to bake you cakes, tell him to use applesauce in place of oil and eggwhites instead of the whole egg. The only difference is the cake is more moist- otherwise nobody will even be able to tell:))
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I make them the same way, the problem is they are not as moist. But maybe if there not as good you won't eat as much.
    Also if you want a piece of cake make it a small one and cut the calories some where else. Or tell your husband to take it to work with him. Remember you're in control of you.
  • southtaski27
    Options
    probably water, but it's normal for your weight to vary from day to day which is why most weight loss centers (like weight watchers) recommend weekly weigh ins. Tray not to become a slave to the scale