Protein

Options
I am always over on my protein intake for the day. Does that really matter?

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    No. The MFP setting for protein is way to low. You want more protein.
  • lrichardson2360
    lrichardson2360 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    No. The MFP setting for protein is way to low. You want more protein.

Totally agree. MFP defaults are far too low.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want your intake to be. I say a g to 1.5 g per pound. I have a hard time getting there myself most days. I would say generally it is better to be over than under.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist calculates way more protein for me. I think MFP is low.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    lol I wish I had that problem. You could alter your settings. If you're weight training you'll want more protein for muscle repair and building. If you're just exercising then you can use it for recovery but it's not essential. Some people just naturally run better on higher protein levels. I've seen different numbers thrown around - some say 1g protein for every 7lbs of body weight, others say half your weight in protein grams... if you lower your carbs or fat you might want to raise your protein level. If you have an average that you've eaten, you can always come up closer to that as your norm in your settings.

You would notice kidney problems if you were in ketosis so if you're feeling ok you probably are.:drinker:
  • jilld76
    jilld76 Posts: 324
    Options
    I wish I could get my protein higher! I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're still eating a balanced diet and not only protein.

Good Luck!