Strength Training????

Options
When you put in your exercise for strength training, does it give you extra calories...or is that only for cardio?

Replies

• chubbymexicanswife
    Options
    When you put in your exercise for strength training, does it give you extra calories...or is that only for cardio?
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing....you can find it in the cardio section and then it will give you calories burned but when you enter it under strength training it wont show any calories burned but it will show you the reps etc....so I usually put it under cardio....maybe someone with more experience can help...
    Kathey
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I search for weights, and it should give you a weight/strength training option then I put in the amount of time and I do get a caloire count. Unfortuantley it isn't huge but it is something.

As a side note, I did a 45 weight class today at my gym, the instructor who was also doing the class had a heart rate monitor which also calculates calories burned and she said we burned roughly 235 calories in the 45 whereas the computer here at MFP only gives me about 147 for a 45 min weight workout
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go to the Strength Training not the Cardio and put in your search weights there.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    You put it in under cardio - type strength training and it will pull up the info you need. The other part is for charting purposes or something like that! Good luck and happy training - it helps so much!!