Wii sports active 2

Options
Lost_it
Lost_it Posts: 290 Member
I have made the decision to start using my Sports Active 2 again. Is there anyone out there doing it right now or going to start it? I am going to do the 9 week challenge & was looking for someone else who is doing it to keep me motivated.

I am doing the Cancer Relay for Life at the end of June & I need to get in shape to walk for 8 to12 hours. I also have a family reunion in September & would like to look fantastic in our family photos

Let's get in shape together.

Replies

• genielross
    genielross Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am using it! I am only on day 4 I think. Let me know if you want to keep each other motivated.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Sounds good to me. Let's post at least once on how our progress is going.
    I know there a few exercises on it that I have a hard time doing...but I try all of them. I am going to do the Wii active in the mornings before work & try to get 20 minutes on my eliptical trainer after work.

Keep up the great work with your weight loses. What are you doing for a diet? I'm counting calories, drinking all my water & trying to cut down on my bread
  • genielross
    Options
    Great! I added you as a friend. I work out most of the time in the mornings. I am in sales so it depends on my schedule, I also work from home so that helps. I also am training for a 5k run at the end of May. I use couch to 5k it is pretty awesome.

I think the exercise I hate the worst is Mountain Climbers, last time I had to do 3 sets of 55. Ouch!

I started at the beginning of Feb with the South Beach Diet, the first 2 weeks were really hard but after that it has been easy. It is mostly about eating clean. I try to do that most of the time, last night I had pizza but it was a thin crust veggie so i am not to upset with myself. This time of year is hard to eat a good clean dinner, my kids have baseball 4-5 nights a week. Most days I leave at 3 and don't get home until 8. Oh well, I know I can do this even with a busy schedule. It is only for another month and a half.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Sounds like you are a very busy lady.
    I have no excuses for not exercising but for laziness. I work as a housekeeper in a Care Facility. I work 4 on 2 off & my shift is from 10am to 2. I walk an average of 4000 steps in a 4 hour shift. I have plenty of time to exercise before or after work.
    Today is my day off & I still haven't done my workout yet. I will be getting to it later in the day as I have a lot of running around to do today. I am hoping to get to it after lunch.
    I am going to have to be careful with what exerises & how hard I push myself this week as I have osteoarthritis in by back.& it has flared up this week.

As for my diet, I am counting calories. I am trying to eat less breads & add more fruit & vegs to my meals. My big thing is to make sure that I drink all my water.

I will add you as my friend.
  • AmyJoMartens
    Options
    BUMP
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    Can you guys tell me a little about the Wii sports active 2? I have a Wii and the wii fit plus and have heard about the sports active but have yet to buy it! Is it reasonably priced? Do you really get a good work out? Is there extra gear I would have to purchase? And is it a daily challange type thing??

I will go get it and start with you guys if I can get some input about it. LOL. I wanted to get 30 Day Shred, but cannot order it online right now so looking for other options to mix up my work outs...getting tired of wii fit and just plain walk/running....SOOoooooooo Let me know!!

Thanks, Have a fantasmic day!!!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm using it as well. I love the HRM and the leg band is just SO MUCH BETTER than the first one.

I started doing the 9 week challenge, but I despise running on the spot, plus I already run 3 times a week, so I wanted to use it more for upper body and core training. I set up my own 45 minute workout and do that 3 times a week.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    It is a great workout. All the equipment you need comes with the Sports Active 2. It cost about $60.
    You can do the 9 week challenge or make up your own workouts. It recommends 4 workouts & 3 days of rest per week. There are 3 different levels...I started on easy.

Hope you can join us in our quest to get in shape
  • genielross
    Options
    EA Active 2 is awesome, I am currently on medium stage. It kicks my butt. I love having the HRM built into the arm sensor. When you buy it you get the game, the resistance band, the 2 sensors. Everything you need to start with for around $60. I have the Wii board and that is great for the step aerobics, I set up my own workout 45 minute workout. I also set up my own boxing 30 minute workout, when I get frustrated with work I just do my boxing and I feel a lot better.

Slitwyn62- I am a little busy. I am sorry to hear about your back, take it easy. You are doing a great job on your diet as well. Water is important! Everyone thinks I am crazy I am always carrying around my purple water bottle.

Ashmom86 - come join us! The more the merrier. I will add you as a friend as well.

therealangd - that is one of the things I love at the program. You can build your own workouts, it has a little bit of everything.
  • ashmom86
    ashmom86 Posts: 117
    Options
    As soon as I can get one I def will join ya all!!! I really want to get it!!!!!
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Bump
  • Lost_it
    Options
    bump:happy:
  • Lost_it
    Options
    I have now done 2 days & I am very sore
    I am finding that some of the exercise are way to hard on my back (skipping, fire feet & running & a couple more) I am going to keep with the 9 week challenge for the rest of this week to see if I can do all the exercises. If I can't do all the exercises than I will make up my own workout & continue with it for the next 8 weeks
    I have a couple of 20 minute workouts that I have already made. I will start with 2 weeks of 20 minute workourt than add 5+ more minutes every 2 weeks after that. By the end of 8 weeks I should be working out for no less than 35 minutes.

I still am going to try to get 3 days a week in on my elliptical trainer also. Hope everyone else is dong ok with this exercise program
  • genielross
    Options
    I haven't done the workouts for the last 2 days, I have stepped wrong at my sons baseball game the other day and the top of my foot is really sore. When I try and do squats or anything were your foot is bent I want to cry. I did do my 20 minute boxing work out today, not alot of foot action.

I am hoping I can run tomorrow, I will be sad if I cant.

You are doing a great job! Dont hurt yourself more, if you are doing 3 days of elliptical than I would work on the resistance band training on the Wii and see how that goes for you.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I will try it.
  • Lost_it
    Options
    Got to get back to exercising. I have missed a week as I had to work extra days & was too tired & sore.
    Anyone else out there doing the Wii sports Active 2. I love it when I get to do it, but have to be careful as I have osteoarthritis in my back.

Join me & Let's get healthy together
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I bought the Active 2 in February and love it. I am trying my best to stay on task with it. I am currently using the 3 week program with an additional step aerobics heavy workout afterwards.

Being able to workout whenever I can is fantastic. I work retail so my schedule is always changing and I have a teen and a toddler. I especially think it is really good for my kids to see me exercising.

I bought the wii specifically to get an exercise program on it and I have not been disappointed with this one at all.