Question about food logger

Options
I'm trying to log beef ribs. Is one piece like one bone from the rib or the entire back of ribs? Can one bone thing really be 400 calories? WTF?

Replies

• lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to log beef ribs. Is one piece like one bone from the rib or the entire back of ribs? Can one bone thing really be 400 calories? WTF?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!!!

I looked mine in my little book up on the internet and have 300 cal for 3 oz. I am assuming that that doesn't include the weight of the bone or yours would be right!!! YIKES.

I also just checked Calorie Count.com and they said for small rib, all cuts, about 269 (I think) for 3 oz.

lol - first it said over 1000 - I almost had a heart attack - but that was for 269 grams which is a lot more than 3 oz!!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I think if you scroll down in the "beef ribs" selection, you will see other options there for different cuts of ribs that go by the ounce and if it's lean only or lean/fat. And, I'm guessing the bone isn't included in the weight because it isn't included for other meats, like chicken, pork, etc.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Thanks for helping. I made myself a salad while the husband and daughter made a mess out of themselves with ribs lol