Expecting!

Options
So just found out one of my very best friends is having a baby, but is scared of getting "fat" but I want to show her "pregnancy friendly" work outs and nutrition options, so please everyone give your input on this! :) I want to give her everything I can!

Thanks!

Replies

• SugarNtheRaw
    SugarNtheRaw Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Mommy Yoga and light walking! Good luck!!!!
  • rosieflo
    rosieflo Posts: 218
    Options
    If she is already pretty active, she can continue most cardio that she is doing. (Checking with her doctor of course). And walking rocks. :)
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    actually pregnant woman can work out like any other woman can assuming she is in good health.. I know plenty of woman who ran marathons a week before they gave birth NO JOKE.. and tell her to quit complaining and be happy that she can work out and remain active.... once I found out I was haven twins and could no longer lift weights or do any intense cardio my heart was BROKEN

tell her to talk to her doctor, unless she has a multiple pregnancy or has had more than one miscarriage in the past chances are hes gonna tell her everything is fine and to work out as usual.
  • theresnoeggs
    theresnoeggs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    as long as she is eating the right amount tell her to do what she is doing now plus 300 calories/day.

If she is currently an active individual, keep being active doing what she's doing cutting back when it is uncomfortable.

However, if she is NOT active-it is NOT the time to start any exercise program other just light walking/stretching. ;)
    tell her to talk to her doctor, unless she has a multiple pregnancy or has had more than one miscarriage in the past chances are hes gonna tell her everything is fine and to work out as usual.

Ditto!
  • LauraW116
    LauraW116 Posts: 26
    Options
    This is a link with a few Preganancy Dvds for workign out while pregnant http://pregnancy.about.com/od/fitnesspregnancy/tp/aa112602a.htm
  • jesinsocal
    Options
    Get her a subscribtion to fit pregnancy. I loved reading the articals, I had a high risk pregnancy and wa so upset I couldnt workout though. My girlfriend walked miles while pregnant and climded the stair at the local college.
    http://www.fitpregnancy.com/