alcohol!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm going to a bachelorette party Saturday and I will be partaking in alcohol. Any tips on the lowest calorie adult beverages? :)

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    When I used to drink, I would have cranberry & vodka or barcadi & diet coke. I don't remember the calorie content, but I remember it was waaay lower than New Castle beer. LMAO!!! Or white wine was another "go to" for me.
  • bigmamma56
    Options
    Gin and Tonic.......slimline tonic though!!!
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    for the lowest calories go with vodka, gin or any other clear liquor with club soda.

Problem with Tonic - too many calories. Diet tonic - asphartame

Personally, I'd go with the red wine. Yes, it has more calories and its calorie content comes from both alcohol and carbs. But it also has antioxidants and other good stuff. So, drink red wine in moderation and you should be good.

Be careful about beers. Light beers are crap, some of the ales and darker beers have too many calories. Guiness is the beer of choice health wise.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    vodka tonic
    vodka and diet coke
    rum and diet coke.

stick with liquor shots or liquor with diet drinks.

stay hydrated!!!
  • mae3785
    mae3785 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you like vodka try flavored vodka with soda and a lime. It is a few more cals than regular vodka but makes the taste better. Rum and diet is also an option. And for a personal fav, cherry vodka and diet coke :)
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    If you like vodka try flavored vodka with soda and a lime. It is a few more cals than regular vodka but makes the taste better. Rum and diet is also an option. And for a personal fav, cherry vodka and diet coke :)

I forgot about the flavored vodkas! I used to get a vanilla flavored vodka and mix with diet coke. It made a great vanilla coke. Great suggestions! :)
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Better be careful with the flavored liquors and diet drinks... the amount of chemicals that you can potentially digest are far worse than calories.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I try to drink 2 glasses of water to each glass of wine. If I start feeling loopy I switch to white wine spritzers.
  • shander7
    shander7 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I like flavored water with sparkling water. The sparling water I get is 0 cal and is delicious and you can get some great flavors! I don't like seltzer water, but you could try that too I'm sure, sparkling is the way to go for me though! And you can mix and match the flavored vodkas in with it :)
  • Allison4C
    Allison4C Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    vodka, club soda, lime. 60 cal. have fun!
  • babybels71
    babybels71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    hooray for vodka lime and soda!!!!