Entering cals from eating out

Options
natalie1
natalie1 Posts: 180 Member
Does anybody using a decent website to find calories in restaurant dishes? I ate at Alladins' s eatery today and had Majara plate (lentils with brown rice and fried onions). Another day it was Sushi Rock...
How to get that info?
I've already checked restaurant website- cals not available.
What would you do?

Replies

• natalie1
    Options
    Does anybody using a decent website to find calories in restaurant dishes? I ate at Alladins' s eatery today and had Majara plate (lentils with brown rice and fried onions). Another day it was Sushi Rock...
    How to get that info?
    I've already checked restaurant website- cals not available.
    What would you do?
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    just try googling it... or try thedailyplate.com (they have alot of info entered from restaurants) otherwise, I just try to find something really close to it so you have a close amount to the actual calories consumed. (ie... fried rice from restaurant.. use rice, carrots, etc.. whatever is in the dish.)
  • clairegl
    clairegl Posts: 82
    Options
    Try calorie king
    they have many.
  • natalie1
    Options
    just try googling it... or try thedailyplate.com (they have alot of info entered from restaurants) otherwise, I just try to find something really close to it so you have a close amount to the actual calories consumed. (ie... fried rice from restaurant.. use rice, carrots, etc.. whatever is in the dish.)
    [/quote
    The dailyplate.com didn't have my dish but it seems to be pretty good site otherwise . Thanks for the tip:flowerforyou: ]
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    I stumbled upon both of the above mentioned sites yesterday, when I was looking for Absolut calories in my martini, ouch! :devil: Both would be a good approach... or today when we had lunch out, I simply selected for the closest item that was appropriate. I figure that as long as I'm tracking the calories, and get fairly close, that should guide my next eating choices? Hopefully... maybe... plz oh plz... :tongue:
  • deneuve39
    Options
    Yeah I second thedailyplate.com

It can be tough though especially with restaurants that aren't chains. I'm a waitress at a fairly upscale restaurant and every evening we have to try the specials. I try and put it in as accurately as possible but I know they cook the food with lots of oil and butter so I'm probably underestimating it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I google to find whatever I can. If I can't find an exact match -- like for my favorite local Mexican restaurant-- I try to match it up as closely as possible with a similar food item from a different restaurants that I can find calorie counts on. When I eat out, I eat badly so I know the calories will be high!! :embarassed:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I google to find whatever I can. If I can't find an exact match -- like for my favorite local Mexican restaurant-- I try to match it up as closely as possible with a similar food item from a different restaurants that I can find calorie counts on. When I eat out, I eat badly so I know the calories will be high!! :embarassed:

I do the same thing. We have a lot of little diners or restaurants that aren't a national chain. I get as close as I can or think what the calories would be.