1200 Cal??

2»

Replies

• melon_e
    melon_e Posts: 58 Member
    I have been eating back at least half of my exercise calories and I have had a loss each week. I have yet to hit a plateau, so I will keep doing what i'm doing :)
  • I find it depends more on the type of exercise, cardio i eat about half back, but if i did a mega strength training i will feel starved if I dont eat more than that back, I like the old listen to your body rule LOL
  • I usually eat them back because I'm always starving after burning a lot of calories. Also, if you're deficit (allowed intake - exercise) is under 1200 it does that starvation mode thing and stop you from losing weight. Trust me I've been there. I would strictly have 1200 and burn 500 from exercise everyday and would barely lose any weight. Now I eat back all my exercise calories (sometimes even more) and consistently lose weight.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    For those of you who think you will "lose faster" by not eating back all of your exercise calories, please read this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing?hl=700+calories+and+not+losing

It's not about how fast you should lose weight or I want to be a certain number on the scale by a certain date - if that's your goal - maybe you should rethink that. IMHO your ultimate goal should be producing the healthiest you that you can be. Take care of yourself. :flowerforyou:
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    I burn off half of what I eat so you can eat half of what you burn off. I am on a 1200 calorie diet as well so I basically eat 600 calories a day plus a little "GOOD JOB!!!" snack. But, if you are only getting 500 calories a day, you are putting yourself in starvation mode as MFP may have said. Good luck!;-)

How could one person (the original poster) put themselves into starvation mode by only eating 500 net calories, while another person (you) is not putting themselves into starvation mode by eating 600 net calories??
  • heidirn2003
    heidirn2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Hey thanks! This makes the most sense to me. I have hit a plateau for 3 months and am struggling to figure out what I did wrong. I think that I may have thrown myself into starvation mode and then when I started eating enough calories my body continued to hold onto them. My only issue Im facing now is water retention. I'm trying to monitor my sodium in my diet (which I've never done before)
    :wink:
This discussion has been closed.