Diet Dr. Pepper

KSU93Amy
KSU93Amy Posts: 9
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
Yes, I know that diet soda isn't the best for me. However, diet Dr. Pepper is one little vice I am holding on to. Please give me reasons why I should let it go. Also, alternatives?

Replies

• One reason is calories. Another is belly bloat. A third is energy draining. Need I say more?
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Actually there are no calories in the Diet Dr Pepper. I know, because I too am addicted. However, there is aspartame, which is a very bad neurotoxin that is in all diet sodas. Google all the problems aspartame causes and that should give you a push. Maybe I should too...
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    ASPARTAME!!!! Check out www.sweetpoison.com. Good luck! It's hard to kick but once you do it's so much better for you!!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    I didn't think diet DP had any calories,....... But it still has sodium, and studies keep telling us that diet sodas are just as bad for us,but in different ways..... Thinking about it in it's simplest form, diet drinks are nothing but chemicals,...... Absolutely no value in it for us whatsoever.
  • There are no calories, but if you look at the ingredients they are actually worse than a regular non-diet soda. Aspartame gives me really bad headaches and also causes me to crave sugar like crazy.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    You will turn into a Newt if you keep drinking it ... just sayin' ... don't say I didn't warn you.
  • I love diet soda too, and I don't plan on giving it up! The only downside to diet soda (to me) is the sodium count. Try Diet Hansen's soda. It's calorie, sugar, caffeine, and sodium free!
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Funny.

Diet Dr. Pepper is the only diet soda I will drink. My norm is full blown pepsi. LOL
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    You will turn into a Newt if you keep drinking it ... just sayin' ... don't say I didn't warn you.

lol, what he said.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    If what snowbaby said didn't convince ya:

Sodium!!!

Chemicals!!!

It's horrible for your teeth! (again, chemicals)

Makes it harder to lose weight!!! Something in diet soda stimulates the appetite for sugar...no idea why.

It just wasn't worth it for me.

Believe me, I loved my Diet Dr. pepper (and the occasional "real" Dr. Pepper) as well...for years.

I stopped drinking soda about 6 weeks ago and don't miss it AT ALL. I went "cold turkey" and it worked for me, but you could try drinking flavored water until you get used to it? and there are some "carbonated" waters I guess you could try, but they all have junk in them.
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    I didn't think diet DP had any calories,....... But it still has sodium, and studies keep telling us that diet sodas are just as bad for us,but in different ways..... Thinking about it in it's simplest form, diet drinks are nothing but chemicals,...... Absolutely no value in it for us whatsoever.

Haha you said DP. I have such a dirty mind!
  • Packerfan23
    Packerfan23 Posts: 225 Member
    I am in my 6th week of breaking my addiction to Diet Coke. I have replaced it mainly with green tea, white tea, water, and occasional lemonade. I usually use Lipton singles or Crystal Light singles in water. :drinker:
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    I know it's not the best...water is best, but I think you will be fine if you limit yourself to one a day! I used to drink 3 Pepsi's a day and now I have one diet dr. pepper and water the rest of the time.
  • adelarosa61
    adelarosa61 Posts: 2 Member
    Try mixing 1/2 diet DP and 1/2 unsweetened tea. That might help tame the urge. eventually lessen the dp and increase the tea. Start drinking more water. Just keep it around and take little sips. Before you know it , it has become a habit for you. Good luck
  • arhzon
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    It's SODA!!
  • kimberg75
    kimberg75 Posts: 412 Member
    Funny.

Diet Dr. Pepper is the only diet soda I will drink. My norm is full blown pepsi. LOL

I hear ya girl!!! I miss my Pepsi so much some days!! Diet Dr. Pepper or diet A & W are the only ones I can take...the rest taste like *kitten*!!! :laugh:
  • The diet Crush cream soda is to die for ! hard to find, I usually get mine from walmart - well worth the hunt!
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Drinking diet soda is almost as bad as drinking regular soda. They both release a chemical in your body called insulin that prepares your body for a sugar rush. Therefore your body is acting the same as it would if it was regular soda. My advice is to drink in moderation, or maybe set it as a reward for when you meet a goal. Either way good luck!
  • arhzon

Haha you said DP. I have such a dirty mind!

Hahahaha, it actually took me a couple of minutes to get that! Geez, I guess I need to start hanging out with my stoner friends more often again lol.
This discussion has been closed.