Sore too long..?

Options
I worked out on the Hip Adduction and Hip Abudction machines on Sunday, April 3rd i believe. It's now the 13th and my legs are still sore. Although WAY better than the first few days after the workday i figure it should be complete gone.

Now i worked out on the stairmaster yesterday and my arms are really sore. Who knows how long this will last.

Is soreness lasting for 10+ days normal?

Replies

• Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Soreness shouldn't last more than a few days to a week depending on how long you've been working out and how hard you pushed. If you are sore for more than three days, do the same exercise again, maybe a little lighter. This tends to "work the soreness out" a little quicker.
  • ldybugg
    ldybugg Posts: 134
    Options
    You may have overdone it on the hip machines and pulled your groin. Is it pain on the inside of your thigh when you do certain movements?I've pulled it running before. If so just take it easy and itll get better. Normal soreness last about 2-3days depending.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I worked out on the Hip Adduction and Hip Abudction machines on Sunday, April 3rd i believe.

I don't know if it's normal, but I can tell you that those two machines make me more sore than any other machines in the gym! I always feel sore (especially inner thighs) after doing ab/adduction--especially if I've skipped them for a while.
  • Elle129
    Elle129 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    See that's the weird thing, i didn't feel i was overdoing it when i was on the machine. I was doing about 90lbs, and i actually thought i didn't do enough but the next day omg...i could barely walk. It was AWFUL. And even today i can barely open my legs....lmao okay that sounds terrible but yeah i can't sit indian style basically if that makes sense.

Anytime i was sore before it was gone in a few days so i know i did something wrong this time around.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That is not normal, whenever i have overdone it with working out usually i felt better within 2-3 days max
  • lukimakamai
    lukimakamai Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Are the muscles sore or the tendons? I've never been sore that long...I would try to walk (warmup the muscles) and stretch it out...maybe even some yoga
  • Elle129
    Elle129 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My cousin said it could be lack of protein, not enough vitamins. I stopped taking vitamins awhile back. And i'm not sure if i get enough protein in my diet.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it.