Need to...

Options
Get busy, I just got the news that my Husband is leaving for another deployment (he's a navy man). I need to lose weight for health reasons, but also for MYSELF. I need to feel better about myself. I want/need to lose at least 34 pounds. I am a super picky eater, I mean PICKY. My question is what is everyone doing to lose weight when working out. Exercising, gym work out, how long you work out, how many times a week....everything like that? I need to lose this weight. Input please!! Thank you.

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    i lift weights. you can over do cardio.
    if you keep the reps low and intensity high while lifting weights you can get a good heart rate going. there are tons of options at the gym..most have zumba classes, spin, aerobics, swimming etc. you pick what you like best..or do all of them.

its also important to rest, you can workout too much. i usually lift for about 40 mins, but i've got a set routine and thats how long it takes. i have, during cutting, lift for 40 mins and do the bike for 50. to burn cals to lose fat.
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical machine(cardio) for about 30 minutes, then I do a combination of planks and weights for 20ish more minutes. Doesn't take too long and burns a good amount of calories! Zumba classes are also fun.
  • jesinsocal
    Options
    I do the elliptical at the gym or some times I run (YUCK) It really depends on what you like. I noticed that I give up if I really dont like what Im doing so I try to switch it up often. One thing I really love is weights, first- you can watch TV while your doing them, second- I feel so cool when I can left more then others, third- it keeps the flab at bay, fourth- Muscle burns fat. I hope this helps!BTW Im a Navy wife to and working out while he is away gives me something to do, plus I feel like I can surprise him with my new body when he comes home.
  • makaylaeakes
    Options
    I do the elliptical at the gym or some times I run (YUCK) It really depends on what you like. I noticed that I give up if I really dont like what Im doing so I try to switch it up often. One thing I really love is weights, first- you can watch TV while your doing them, second- I feel so cool when I can left more then others, third- it keeps the flab at bay, fourth- Muscle burns fat. I hope this helps!BTW Im a Navy wife to and working out while he is away gives me something to do, plus I feel like I can surprise him with my new body when he comes home.

That is another perk of losing weight while he is gone because it would be an awesome surprise for him when he comes home. :)