NSV...kind of...more like and Aha! moment

Options
TheGeezNeez
TheGeezNeez Posts: 28 Member
On Sunday, after church, I went to lunch with my friend Tami and her friend Karmen's mom Donna (who I had only met once and never really spent any time with). It was a really nice lunch...I had whole wheat cranberry pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs & bacon. My food was amazing! On Tuesday I have bible study with Karmen and she told me "My mom thinks you are the cutest thing ever! She thought you were so funny and she said that every time you took a bite of food you said 'Mmmm' " At first I was a little embarrassed that someone noticed that I did that because I sure didn't. I told her I just really enjoyed my food. :) After a little while it started to make me happy because even though I am ALWAYS counting calories and trying really hard to eat healthy I can still really enjoy my food and have a healthy relationship with it. Sometimes doing this I feel obsessive and that food is all I think about and I worry that I will start to hate food and go down the unhealthy path again. This just proved to me that yes I can keep track of my food and still enjoy it too!

I hope that everyone either feels this way or that you soon get there because its an amazing feeling!

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    What a nice thought! Great to hear it! :)
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Love the post. It is indeed a thing line between being concerned and being obsessed so I am really pleased you have found the balance. That is a huge achievement. Well done
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    Wow. That is a non scale victory! Really a victory and a blessing. Food is enjoyable. Too bad it turns into an enemy for many of us. Great post.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat cranberry pankcakes?! Sounds wonderful. *Mmmm* hehe
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. Food tastes a lot better now. One thing I've been doing is not cooking my food so gourmet like I used to. I don't use garlic and onion, mainly because I don't want to eat the entire batch of spaghetti. Then when I go out for a cheat meal there's a huge difference. Congrats on the progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!