body bump

Options
Do you have to be fit to do this? as i am about 8 stone overweight and a friend is asking me to do this, if i thought it would be ok i would give it a go. ive tried google but cant get a straight answer.

Replies

• MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is a site to help people lose weight by keeping track of what they eat and how they exercise. It also supplies the moral support that most of us need .
  • beautifulmonstr
    Options
    If it's anything like the Body Pump class offered at my gym, it really is for any fitness level. You can use however much weight you want and set it down if it gets too hard. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want. And it's tons of fun. I'd suggest going for it!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think you should be looking for Body Pump. No you don't have to be fit, it might be a bit harder in the beginning but 100% doable :) I started with it and think it's a great workout :) You should def give it a try!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    it sounds like our body combat class we have here at my gym. It is a class that is to work your whole body. You don't have to be "fit" really, if the class gets to be too much, just do jump in jacks, march in place, or run in place. A lot of people do that in the class if they have to. However, if you can try to do the whole class, you will get an amazing workout. The classes go by different names, body combat, body blast, etc....
  • miss__lh
    miss__lh Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks, well ive just booked the class, its not till next thursday. wish me luck lol
  • tinytotnot
    tinytotnot Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just googled it myself as I had never heard of it, sounds like an interesting class, and i'd say that any fitness level can do it, just go at your own pace. One website I found says that you should concentrate on posture and technique first, then you can increase speed/reps and I imagine weights. Not sure what site s you looked at, but here is the link to the one I read. Give it a go, you won;t know until you try it, and a 600 calorie burn in 1 hour would be fab for the weight loss.

http://www.lesmills.com/global/bodypump/about-bodypump.aspx
  • beautifulmonstr
    Options
    Yay! Good luck! You can do it!
  • miss__lh
    miss__lh Posts: 16
    Options
    just read the thread title it should be BODY PUMP!! x