No exercise but losing weight

Options
I exercise like a demon since starting this journey but the last couple of weeks i have not done much as.... well to be honest i couldnt be bothered. The only exercise i did last week was my 6 mile a day walk but thats only because i have to do this anyway. This week ive lost 3 lbs with no walk (kids off school) but ive kept i line with my allowance.

I think my body gets used to my daily routine so i think having a break from things now and again fools my body a bit and it gets confused as it doesnt know what i'm gonna be doing that day.

and with each part of a lb lost i get more motivation to keep going because i'm starting to see results.

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I think it's fair to say that a daily 6 mile walk is exercise. If I did that everyday I probably wouldn't bother with anything else!!
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I exercise like a demon since starting this journey but the last couple of weeks i have not done much as.... well to be honest i couldnt be bothered. The only exercise i did last week was my 6 mile a day walk but thats only because i have to do this anyway. This week ive lost 3 lbs with no walk (kids off school) but ive kept i line with my allowance.

I think my body gets used to my daily routine so i think having a break from things now and again fools my body a bit and it gets confused as it doesnt know what i'm gonna be doing that day.

and with each part of a lb lost i get more motivation to keep going because i'm starting to see results.

A caloric deficit along with a lot of exercise causes excess cortisol hormone to be released, which in turn causes water retention. Maybe taking a break has allowed things to normalize and the water is gone.....just a thought.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 30lbs without exercise, so I know it was diet alone that was responsible. It made it easy for me to understand that I was going to continue to lose weight when I added exercise and ate my burned calories. I am curious, when you worked out "like a demon," did you eat your exercise calories? No judgement; I am genuinely curious if this might be an example of not eating workout calories equals less weight loss.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    To be honest I hardly exercise (well compared to some people on here) and my weightloss is fine.

I walk daily and do try to fit in a 30 minute cardio 3/4 times a week (haven't managed to in the past few weeks though!!)

Personally I want to up the exercise when I hit goal weight just to tone up....

Some people prefer to work-out and eat more, I prefer to eat a little less and not exercise as much?? With my walking I still have 1300 cals per day and if I want / need more then I exercise!
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I lost my first 30lbs without exercise, so I know it was diet alone that was responsible. It made it easy for me to understand that I was going to continue to lose weight when I added exercise and ate my burned calories. I am curious, when you worked out "like a demon," did you eat your exercise calories? No judgement; I am genuinely curious if this might be an example of not eating workout calories equals less weight loss.

Some days i did, some days some and some not lol found it too much sometimes. Most of the time yes i did.