Worried Im under eating

Options
Hi,

Im new to this, when I say new, I mean brand spanking new! I only joined yesterday.
I only want to lose about 13lb at the moment and maybe if I achive that set another goal.
My calorie goal is 1350 and I'm a little worried as yesterday I was well below this and still had about 300 calories left. I'm not starving myself either, I work 12 hour shifts so find it difficult to eat regular meals so I tend to snack on fruit instead.
Should I be eating 1350 calories to lose weight as I'm worried if I start taking in more calories than what I am used to eating that I'll gain weight.
Its only day 2 but I more or less eat the same things (boring I know) when Im at work and today im going to the gym so I know i'll burn loads more calories, which means I'm going to have to eat even more. Am I worrying about nothing and should just see how my eating habits are in a week?

What should I do?

Replies

• alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You just need to make sure you eat 1200 net calories

your goal you said is 1350 then subtract what you do in exercise equals net. I think when you are under 1200 MFP warns you about going into starvation mode.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Id say 1150 isn't enough. Try adding a few calorie dense healthy foods in to at least up it 1200. Try ahandful of almonds,a peice of cheese,some avocado or a glass of milk.