healthy pizza recipe?

Options
Does anyone have a good recipe for a healthy light pizza covered in veggies? I saw this one on the drs the other day and i wish i knew how to make it?

Replies

• ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Google "cauliflower crust" pizza! Yum!
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    did you search google for the recipe for the pizza you saw on the show? I buy whole wheat pizza dough and use that. I put canned diced tomatoes on mine with whatever toppings we like. i love that! i will be looking for the cauliflower pizza. love cauliflower.
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    If you get Thomas's English muffins (the whole wheat ones) and make your own sauce and use light cheese, it comes out amazing! And you don't eat a whole pizza and it kicks that pizza craving to the curb!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Use whatever healthy premade crust you want ( or home made )
    Brush EVOO over the crust
    Sliced tomatoes in replace of tomatoe sauce
    Fresh basil
    Fresh grated parmesan
    artichoke hearts

cook however long the crust instructs you or to your liking

yum :)
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Start with a whole wheat crust, then top with a small amount of pizza sauce. Add artichoke hearts, sliced zucchini and squash, sliced onions, sun dried tomatoes, roasted peppers, mushrooms, wilted spinach, and a sprinkling of feta instead of mozzarella. Be sure to drain and pat dry all the veggies very well, get them as dry as possible before putting them on the pizza so it doesn't get soggy. Cook according to crust package.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I use Flat Out bread, the lite Italian herb kind. A little sauce, a lot of veggies and lite cheese. I cook it on a sheet for 8 minutes at 400 then a minute or so under the broiler. Yummy! Sometimes I will make it with chicken sausage and spinach.
  • supercatie18
    supercatie18 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like making pita pizzas. Buy the "Pita Gourmet-Added Fiber". It's about 130 cals for one pita and plenty of protein and fiber. Then add sauce, cheese and whatever veggies you like! Can be made in the toaster oven and is ready in like 5 mins. And it's delish!! Plus, its single serve so you won't go over board. If you are cooking for more than yourself then each person can individualize what they want on their pizza!
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi. I have made my own "pizza" version for years. I LOVE pizza! I take a tortilla (regular) and spread about 1 tsp. of light mayo on it. Then I cover it with fresh basil, tomatoes, mushrooms, and whatever veggies I want. I then add REGULAR cheese (about 2 TBS). I put it on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes. This becomes a crispy veggie "Pizza" that is delicious! You can use low fat cheese, but I think the regular melts better and tastes better. Also, if you want a good veggie pizza, Pizza Hut's veggie pizza slices are pretty low calorie - 200 calories per slice. I hope this helps. ;)