HELP!! I'm so frustrated

Options
I've lost 17 lbs. I work out 4-5 days a week. I do 45+ minutes of cardio each time too. I focus on one area of my body each day. The scale is moving but I cannot see my results. A few people have said something but only after I asked. Yesterday I went to the store and tried on a pair of pants and it was the SAME size I was before I started losing weight. Why? I'm so frustrated. I feel like I'm busting my butt for nothing.

Replies

• biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Your need to be patient. Your body is not a machine, that works when you push a button. I didn't loose anything for 2 weeks now. Sometimes the body reorganizes everything, so give it some time.
  • prplldybg
    Options
    I have noticed too that even when I lose weight, new clothes are the same size as the clothes I wore before. I agree with total frustration. HOwever, someone pointed out to me that the old clothes get worn and stretched out with the old body. Therefore, they stretch to a bigger size even though the tag says the original size. Another thing to consider is that sizes are not consistent from brand to brand. A great way to "see" results is to take your measurements. Go to the tools and add more measurements than the ones they give you. I added my arms (biceps) and thighs! It really helps. I love it when it shows even a 1/4 inch change. Keep up the great work. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • msjersey73
    msjersey73 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you are gaining muscle. you could try more running, and less other workouts, that may help. don't get too frustrated, every "Body" is different, and it may be taking a break too. Try your main focus to be "GETTING HEALTHY"
    soon enough you will see the scale go down. (have you cut out the sugar and starchy veggies? there is a great book called "Sugar Busters" and its a quick read. Keep your chin up! Stay positive, roll with it! :-)
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    17 pounds lost is huge! Way to go! Screw other people if they don't notice.

Are you doing 45+ of cardio each day AND strength training one body part? If you were just doing cardio, I'd suggest replacing some of it with strength training.

Also, try to be more consistent with your food diary. Instead of putting 'quick calories' use the 'my foods' to create a proper entry. Be diligent with the diary. No exceptions. No excuses.
  • MissKMN
    MissKMN Posts: 119
    Options
    Don't stress - all good things come in time. You and I have very similar starting and current weights and let me tell you...I wear the same size clothes for a 30-40lb weight swing. I wore them at 238 and I still wore them when I topped at 270. And they more or less "fit" the entire time. I notice small differences in the way certain pieces fit but overall, there's not a big change in my body.

Do you tend to gain or lose evenly all over your body? I am very proportional and I think this is what helps with this. From past experience, you will suddenly have that moment where you step into a store and go "Oh my god...I can wear a 14 today!" or a 12...10...8 whatever. But just let it happen because it WILL! :) In the meantime, you'll notice changes in your face a lot but I think maybe with the amount of weight we're looking at losing, it takes bigger weightloss at first to notice things.

A girl in my office just lost 35lbs and I can barely see a difference on her...I didn't notice it at all for her first 20lbs!
  • plagirl227
    plagirl227 Posts: 134
    Options
    You've only lost 17 pounds and while that's GREAT, I didn't notice a difference until I lost about 25-30 pounds. Every"body" is different. Just try to be patient. It will come....
  • paigecrowe
    paigecrowe Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    In addition to the cardio I do the different machines. I alternate upper body and lower body each time I go in. I have a personal trainer on Wednesdays. I get strength training too. It's just a slow process.
  • hikingmonk
    hikingmonk Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a solid workout plan. Keep it up. 17lbs in what, two months?, is fantastic, just keep on doing what you are doing.

We are in it for the long haul here. The short attention span society we live in these days makes it hard I think.
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I find it helps to judge by clothes I already own. Sometimes depending on the cut of the clothes and material you could take a different size when you get to the store.
  • monkeybelle83
    monkeybelle83 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I would say maybe try fiddling with your calories and see if that makes a difference. When I started, I was trying to do it on a strict 1200 calories, and I was becoming miserable. I was actually gaining weight in that first week. I bumped my calories up, and boom, weight dropped.
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've lost 26 pounds and am still in the same pants. However, I think I'm kinda losing from the top down so I have yet to see anything below the waist go down in size. Hang in there! It HAS to come eventually :)