Help! I’m addicted to crack!

Options
Ok, I lied – I’m not addicted to crack at all, but I am addicted to coffee! I was wondering if anyone has ever given this rather odd substance up, and what are the side effects? I tried a Google and basically it said if I give up caffeine I am going to die and my body will be banished to hell for entire eternity!

Anyone given up at first hand?

Replies

• xerinx2011
    xerinx2011 Posts: 222
    Options
    When i 1st started i gave up for 6 weeks... i lived to tell the tale... ok so i went through withdrawl and i craved it for about a week and had to keep myself away from the kettle!!

Im now back on tea and coffee (i have a baby need the caffiene to deal with nights!)
  • erikrichter
    erikrichter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gave up caffeine a few years ago... MASSIVE headache the first night off the juice, but fine after that.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I switched to half-caf. I'd rather go to hell than give it up entirely.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    why give it up,its not really that bad for you unless you load it up with crap.And if you have a proble with blood presure switch to decaf
  • SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    The crazy think is, I hardly touch the stuff at home, it's just through the week at work. I notive on a weekend I get a fuzzy head so I purposely make a cup and the fuzzyness goes away. Should I go cold turkey or limit myself to so many cups per day?
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options

ROFL!!!!!!!! I love this
    I dropped from 6-10 cans of diet coke a day(just to get thru work, weekends I'd get headaches from withdrawal) to 2 a day. . .I need it to get thru my mornings, after that, I drink water :)
  • Momcharisma88
    Momcharisma88 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a daughter and my days would get NO WHERE if i gave up my coffee. My coffee is my friend. The one friend anyone can always count on to give you a lil pick me up... or pep in your step and with exercising, cleaning house, cooking meals, errands, and taking care of my daughter.... i NEED my coffee. Lol highly doubt i will ever give it up.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I have parted ways with many things but coffee will not be one. I have had spirts usually when it gets warmer where I drink little to no coffee. I have friends who never touch it or have dropped it due to headaches and they seem fine.

Maybe drop it for a week and see what happens. :ohwell:
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I went from drinking quad espresso drinks daily to maybe on americano a week... I dont think i would die w/o the occasional cup of coffee... but others might... when they piss me off. lol.

im kidding. but im not a morning person in the least...

your probably asking why are u up now... its 8am where i am... i havent slept. today may be a coffee day.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda and coffee -- the first week was killer for me (headache, nausiated, etc). Now I'm fine and I find that I actually have more energy because of working out and everything else. I will have a root beer or coffee once in awhile, but not daily.

Good luck! :)
  • LuckySe7en
    Options
    I gave it up, along with soda and tea, and most other caffeinated substances. Major withdrawal. Migraines, shakes, sweating, irritability, the list goes on. I started drinking only water. After the withdrawal ended, I felt so much better. (although sometimes when my mom has coffee, I will sit there and sniff it...)
  • SGartz
    Options

Satan is waiting for us both and he's stoking the fires of hell!
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I only drink 1 or 2 cups a day, but giving up caffiene cold turkey can give you a terrible headache. Maybe try limiting rather than give it up entirely? I have to have coffee because I gave up cokes.....and I still gotta have a little caffiene!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Coffee has been shown to be good for you, I could never give it up!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The crazy think is, I hardly touch the stuff at home, it's just through the week at work. I notive on a weekend I get a fuzzy head so I purposely make a cup and the fuzzyness goes away. Should I go cold turkey or limit myself to so many cups per day?

if you really want to give it up go cold turkey
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    As long as you're drinking your full amount of water everyday +2 EXTRA glasses per caffeinated drink, I'd say you're fine. Honestly, once you drink all the water just to have the coffee you'll naturally cut back...or float away, whichever comes first. ;)
  • ElliMC
    ElliMC Posts: 53
    Options
    I'm italian.. Would probably be jailed for manslaughter if I gave up coffee! ;-)
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    Hey there.

I tried quitting - but I love coffee just toooo much!

I drank a whole lot of decaffeinated, wich was absolutely okay. The only thing taht made me drink normal coffee again, was the taste of the brand I used (wich just sucked) but actually, your addiction ain't that bad. I would try to lower the limits.

first week: x coffee
    second week x-1 coffee
    maybe faster maybe not.
  • mandysjourney
    mandysjourney Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Try limiting. I too like others have kids so need the coffee. I have one for morning tea, one afternoon tea and if I need another later in the evening about 7pm. I prob could cut out the evening one.
  • SGartz
    Options
    I've made a decision.

I'm going to experiment and give up for 1 week as someone suggested. I'll report all side effects here!

(Starting tomorrow of course!)

*hearty laugh*