Eating late at night affects morning weigh-in.

Dawntodusk
Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I've noticed that if I eat late at night, my morning weight can be as much as 2 pounds more. So, I usually don't eat past 6 or so the night before I have to weigh-in. I don't really have a question, but just wondering if others have experience with this. It's rather annoying!

Replies

• gupton11
    gupton11 Posts: 80
    You should weigh yourself in a fasted state no food for say 12 hours, if I get hungry at night I will have a casein protein shake as it takes longer to break down.
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Sometimes it depends on what you eat. For instance.. Im a server and I'm always busy so most of the time I don't get to eat until I get off of work which is 10pm or later. Last night instead of my usual Chicken, carrots and green beans.. I ate a salad. I weighed this morning and lost 2 pounds. So maybe just eating lighter helps:) Good luck to you!
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    I agree - I try not to eat late at night... I do like a snack every evening around 7 to 8pm - I try to just eat fruit...nothing heavy.
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Yeah I would say if you have to eat, eat something lighter like a salad or an apple. Something heavy will stil be in your system and body when it comes to your morning WI.
This discussion has been closed.