Here I Am!!

mrsgerz
mrsgerz Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! I am a newbie here and wanted to introduce myself. I am a 38 yr old wife, mom and stepmom that was over weight for most of my life post puberty. :smile:
I tried every diet out there and never was able to get and keep the weight off. My kids are getting older at 12 and 14 and my stepson is 10 so I wanted to be able to still enjoy them while I could. I ended up having gastric bypass surgery in March of this year, had complications and had another operation in April. I am completely healed and have lost 64 pounds so far but really am looking for somewhere that I can post my meals and meet new people.
I hope that even though I went through the surgery I am still welcome here. Trust me when I say it is NOT the easy way out! This is the hardest journey of all of them.
I also like to let others know that I am a very open person and will answer just about any questions as well! so if you got one...ask it!
Have a wonderful day/night to all!!

Replies

• mrsgerz
    mrsgerz Posts: 2
    Hello everyone! I am a newbie here and wanted to introduce myself. I am a 38 yr old wife, mom and stepmom that was over weight for most of my life post puberty. :smile:
    I tried every diet out there and never was able to get and keep the weight off. My kids are getting older at 12 and 14 and my stepson is 10 so I wanted to be able to still enjoy them while I could. I ended up having gastric bypass surgery in March of this year, had complications and had another operation in April. I am completely healed and have lost 64 pounds so far but really am looking for somewhere that I can post my meals and meet new people.
    I hope that even though I went through the surgery I am still welcome here. Trust me when I say it is NOT the easy way out! This is the hardest journey of all of them.
    I also like to let others know that I am a very open person and will answer just about any questions as well! so if you got one...ask it!
    Have a wonderful day/night to all!!
  • mrscato89
    mrscato89 Posts: 2 Member
    I am open to aqll advice if anyone will share their meals and how they lost weight i would appreciate it:flowerforyou:
  • Hi MrsGerz
    Of course you are welcome here! Just because you had surgery doesn't mean the journey is not the same. It still requires a lifetime change. This website is full of support and great people that all have the same thing in common. I just started a month ago and it is by far the best tool I have ever used. Use the tools...food tracker...exercise journal...I have done the yo yo thing for years and I finally feel this website will be what makes it different this time. If you want some real motivation visit Tamtastic's profile. She has lost 102 lbs! Wow!
    Welcome aboard :smile:
    Kim
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I am open to aqll advice if anyone will share their meals and how they lost weight i would appreciate it:flowerforyou:

My meals? Same as before, just better portion control and less frequency with high calorie meals. I work out with more determination and focus on a calorie goal. I log it all.
    Sounds too good and simple to be true, doesnt't it? Seriously, give it a shot and you will be amazed.
    And be sure to eat all your calories!! All 1200 (or more) a day you are alotted PLUS any exercise calories you earn. You will still be losing!!

Welcome folks :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.