PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter

Options
2»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I found something similar at Costco called PBFit.

I haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd chime in :wink:
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I bought it for the first time just last week at Walmart and I'm loving it in my protein shakes!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    They pushed this stuff when i was looking into weight loss surgery but the taste just wasn't for me.
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I looooove pb2, its definitely helped me with managing my calories. I like it on my lenders cinnamon raisin bagels (lenders are the best, they're smaller and usually average out to around 200-220 calories compared to 280-300) but i'll also use it with carrots, celery, crackers, you name it! it honestly tastes the exact same to me, and I like that I can make it as creamy and thick as I want
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it and my first reaction was eww! But I may try it. Is it in a store or do you have to order it?
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it and my first reaction was eww! But I may try it. Is it in a store or do you have to order it?

I got mine at wal mart! it is a little pricey but i believe its worth it
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Buy it up here in Canada at Popeyes Fitness. I haven't tried the chocolate one that I bought yet, but I love the plain PB2 in my protein shakes with strawberries. Tastes like a pb& j sandwich.
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I tried the regular PB2 for the first time today after my mom gave me one of the sample packets. I was skeptical, to say the least. I love me some peanut butter. I liked the taste, but I definitely needed to adjust the powder/water ratio (unless I grossly underestimated how much powder I started with), cause it was kinda soupy? I will definitely be buying a jar of it (and trying the chocolate asap!). I love dipping apples and celery in peanut butter as a snack... and I bet it'd be great in a smoothie/shake or maybe mixed in with some plain yogurt.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    A couple things I like.....

Oatmeal with PB2 and maple syrup

Vanilla greek yogurt with PB2 and Grapenuts cereal
  • angelamb1970
    angelamb1970 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff in my protein shake. Also, I mix it with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, bit of honey, water, ginger and garlic for an Asian-style dipping sauce. It's great on brown rice with veggies and a little goes a long way.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I used to mix it with honey.
    Not to be too graphic, but it comes out looking the same as it did when it went in, at least it did for me.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mix it in your oatmeal. Nom nom nom
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cheaper on Amazon. I put it in my morning protein shakes everyday. So far I haven't loved the product when mixed with water, but I am a peanut butter addict.
  • SeptemberLondon
    SeptemberLondon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I saw some recipes using PB2 on Hungry-girl.com
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I did some research on this a few years ago and found that PB2 is essentially defatted peanuts, which is the same thing as peanut flour. So I looked up peanut flour and found Southern Grace Farms and Byrd Mill, which gives you the most bang for your buck: http://byrdmill.com/product/gourmet-peanut-flour/1-lb-peanut-flour-dark-12/

Same nutritional info as PB2 but Byrd Mill doesn't have any salt in it. If you reconstitute it rather than add it into a smoothie/protein shake, you probably want to add a sprinkle of salt to get the PB2 flavor. The 12% dark is the way to go for the most peanut flavor. The 24% has more fat FYI. Note the Byrd Mill is ONE POUND bags where PB2 is about 6oz for about the same price.

Oh AND they have 5 lbs bags!! I buy these to get the most bag for my buck. http://byrdmill.com/product/gourmet-peanut-flour/5-lb-peanut-flour-dark-12/
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I guess as long as you are getting healthy fats from your diet from other foods, it would be OK. I looked at it but..... added salt and sugar and none of the healthy oleic acid left.

From pubmed http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19558671

Oleic acid was found to be effective in reversing the inhibitory effect in insulin production of the inflammatory cytokine TNF-alpha. This finding is consistent with the reported therapeutic characteristics of other monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. Furthermore, a diet high in oleic acid, which can be easily achieved through consumption of peanuts and olive oil, can have a beneficial effect in type II diabetes and ultimately reverse the negative effects of inflammatory cytokines observed in obesity and non insulin dependent diabetes mellitus.
  • dinglehopper14
    dinglehopper14 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I LOVE PB2!!!!! It's fantastic. Our local Target also carries it. I think it's $4.99?