Music and Movement

Options
I'm curious as to what music is best to get you moving.

Lately the Reckless album by Bryan Adams has really been a great motivator for me.

Replies

• BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The only thing Bryan Adams can get me moving is further away from the speakers! I jam out with Killswitch Engage, Rob Zombie, Metallica, Eminem, 3 Days Grace, and Breakin Benjamin. But from the sound of it, that's probably gonna be a bit much for you. lol
  • Ninjitsu
    Ninjitsu Posts: 163
    Options
    I prefer heavy dance beats, and make my own mixes. These are not "kid friendly."

The newest two are at the bottom of the page.

http://www.digitalcampground.com/dance/
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I forgot my headphones at the gym yesterday and the dude next to me was BLASTING Christina Aguilera, which made kick *kitten* on the Arc machine lol :)
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    LOL, BamBam113 that opening line is classic.

Machine Head, Halford/Fight/Priest, Slayer, anything with a crap load of double bass drum and chugging guitar =)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Slayer....lol...you're my hero!
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    What works best for me is the type of music that was designed to move an action-oriented sporty movie forward. For instance, music from Rocky, like There's No Easy Way Out, Heart's on Fire, or Eye of the Tiger. The music has a sense of urgency or something... it makes me want to work out harder. Hey... maybe that's why I usually work out while I watch a movie.
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    Heheh, Bambam, you make me laugh. I don't suppose our choices fit together. I will educate myself on the groups you list.

I just hit play on the CD player because I needed to get myself moving. It's currently loaded with The Resistance by Muse. Hard driving guitar, a bit angry in its energy but contrasting melodic elements with piano or electronics.

I enjoy dance beats so will look up the The Prophecy's (not the band) mixes.

Cheers, all.