Willpower Mantra

Options
When I want to quit I have any one of the random thoughts below to pull me out of my funk:

my family, living life strong and healthy, guiding my children to their well-being, being an example, mind over matter, God put me here to do something, strength comes from within first, I'm just as good as (fill in that person on the tread mill, that person doing more squats), and many others but my main mantra:: You can do this, you can do this!!

What do you think of to help pull yourself through a tough workout, away from the extra serving, etc?
What is your willpower mantra?

Replies

• TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When I want to quit I have any one of the random thoughts below to pull me out of my funk:

my family, living life strong and healthy, guiding my children to their well-being, being an example, mind over matter, God put me here to do something, strength comes from within first, I'm just as good as (fill in that person on the tread mill, that person doing more squats), and many others but my main mantra:: You can do this, you can do this!!

What do you think of to help pull yourself through a tough workout, away from the extra serving, etc?
    What is your willpower mantra?
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    My will power mantra is a question.

HOW do I want to FEEL?

When I go to a restaurant, I also say to myself...

Stop. Think....Order.

:flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    Options
    I like that... How do i want to feel... I might borrow that one!:happy:
  • squankish
    squankish Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    one time when I was running and I wanted to give up I saw this shirt that said "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me" and I said that over and over in my head and I ran twice the distance I had originally planned to
    also I tell myself that nothing tastes as good as being thin/healthy feels
    anddd I tell myself that I owe it to myself to do this so that when I grow old and have kids they will be able to live happy healthy lives too
    :heart:
  • TNTPete
    Options
    Love it - Squankish - I say that sometimes too.. find it really lightens the load!
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    as weird as this maybe when i go shopping and have to lug it all home (coz i dont have a car lol and its great exercise:bigsmile: )
    i keep thinking to myself "this what carry an extra Xkg amount of weight around feels like, do i really want to put that weight on? or do i want to get fit and healthy?"
  • dreamergirl
    Options
    I love the mantra of "stop, think, order" you could stretch it to "stop, think, eat" etc, its fast and attention getting, coz that is my big problem, I don't stop to think first before eating and then before I do, I have eaten 500 calories that I regret. I'll use that today! Thanks
  • TNTPete
    Options
    Yeah, I think we've all had moments where a stop, think, order could have saved some regret.
    :wink:

I try to also remember that tomorrow is a new day!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    as weird as this maybe when i go shopping and have to lug it all home (coz i dont have a car lol and its great exercise:bigsmile: )
    i keep thinking to myself "this what carry an extra Xkg amount of weight around feels like, do i really want to put that weight on? or do i want to get fit and healthy?"

I'll have to remember that the next time I'm lugging something home (I don't have a car either). :smile:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Mine is the one in my signature "I am the sum of my small steps." I found it in an advertisement in a magazine and cut it out, asked a friend to make it in pretty glitter letters, and I look at it every day. When I think I can have just one cookie, I realize that resisting it is a small step. When I don't want to exercise but I make myself do 10 or 20 minutes anyway, that is a small step. And all those small steps together add up to me reaching my goal weight. I AM the sum of my small steps!
  • delpha2
    delpha2 Posts: 42
    Options
    Laura,

You're right. The lasting changes come from small steps...not giant leaps!

Small changes are manageable on a day to day basis, arent they!? But the BIG steps, leaps and bounds sure do take a lot of energy to perform. Diet and exercise are only part of a life in balance and energy needs to go things like family, work, friends etc... and if those things are not being taken care of it's hard to make diet and exercise a part of your life.

Small consistent steps!