weekend help..please?

Options
hi...I am trying to figure out how to not go crazy on the weekends. I usually do well during the week, but when it comes to the weekends we usually eat out and I drink my pop and go crazy. For some .my mind thinks yay its the weekend and I am allow to go nuts, but then I am losing the same 4-5 lbs every monday-friday again. I have done this now for the past month. I did take 2 month break which wasn't good, but how do I keep my eye on the prize. I always let the food win because I love food.

Please help!!!

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you're going to eat more, and since it's your weekend, why not wake up bright and early with the birds and go for a run, or bike ride - Start burning those calories before you eat them!

I personally end up going out at least once a week - remember your whole plate doesn't have to be devoured. You can always order small portions, or what I do is tell the waiters to box it, then end up not eating the other half.

Best of luck :)
  • jperrysunlover
    jperrysunlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Get rid of everything in the house that is bad for your diet. Plan your weekend meals in advance, allowing for healthy snacks. Then find an activity that will keep your mind and hands occupied. Clean out drawers, your closet, the garage......I've been doing this for three weekends and now I have enough stuff for a massive garage sale! Loosing weight and making money....wish I could do that all the time!
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I pack my breakfast and lunch the same way I do during the week. That way I treat Sat & Sun like any other day. I also try and stay out of the house so I don't get in a snacking mood. It has worked for me so far.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the worst for me as well!!! I have a really hard time not snacking all day. I do find that if I am out of the house, even if it is doing yard work, it makes a huge difference. I like jfsjfzjfp idea. I need to finish up my spring cleaning and get rid of all of my stuff. With the money I might make, I could treat myself to some new clothes for my hot new bod! LOL!!!
  • alexbowser
    alexbowser Posts: 322
    Options
    I always remind myself that there are lots of weekends, and that I don't need to go crazy on this weekend. I tell myself that if I'm good this weekend, that maybe at the party next weekend (or the weekend) after I can let loose, but that I shouldn't go crazy just because it's saturday night. The weird thing is that at a party I do the same thing and I remind myself that there are lot's of parties and that I don't need to splurge at this one. I don't know, it works for me. I used to eat so frantically, like I would never get to have birthday cake or movie theater popcorn again.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...it's really hard when your hubby is a toothpick and doesn't have to watch what he eats. So there are always snacks in the house for him to and the boys to eat. But I ususally allow myself snacks in my daily calorie counts so I can feel somewhat normal. I am wanting to get out and about since its starting to get nice out but for some reason I am lacking that energy and motivation.

thanks again..we will see how it goes this weekend.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You have to decide that you love yourself more than you love food. Then it's not as hard.
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hey I am right there with. I stuggle really hard on the weekend and plus I work shift work so I work evening every second weekend which I really struggle with. I like the idea of doing a workout early in the AM that way you can have a few snicks and stay within your calorie intake. All me if you would like all the support the better. We can beat the weekend binges togeather :)