MFP Runner's club 8/6/08

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
Morning sunshines!!!:drinker:

I got up nice and early and its raining....and my back is sort of hurting....soooo I'm gonna do my turbo jam instead and try to run tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day....today is officially the two month mark til I hit 40....so I am in super overdrive to get Ali fit !! lol.....I'm so happy I have you all here to keep me going!

hugs!
Ali :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    Morning sunshines!!!:drinker:

I got up nice and early and its raining....and my back is sort of hurting....soooo I'm gonna do my turbo jam instead and try to run tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great day....today is officially the two month mark til I hit 40....so I am in super overdrive to get Ali fit !! lol.....I'm so happy I have you all here to keep me going!

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, not going to run today, my race is tomorrow, and today is the rest day. Last night I did my timed 3 mile run at 22 minutes flat, which is ok I guess. Still looking for the under 21 time, cross your fingers guys. I was averaging about 82% heart rate, which is hard but not unsustainable for me, so I should be able to punch it up to 84% and break that barrier. We will see.

Today just going to do my yoga and maybe some light leg work. Depends on how busy work is today.

have a good running day folks!

-Banks
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me.<sigh>

<jumping up and down> Ali - I'm cheering you on. Can you hear me all the way from NC?:laugh:

Wishing you the best at your race tomorrow Banks!:drinker: Can't wait to hear all about it.
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Good luck on the race Banks!

I ran 4 miles yesterday and plan to do some cardio and lunges today and then yoga tonight.

Maybe a morning run tomorrow morning.

Have a great day!
  • Slender1
    Slender1 Posts: 185
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm back from a few days at the beach. Ran 4.5 miles along the boardwalk while there ... beautiful! This morning I did my pace run with a running group.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your run tomorrow Banks. I think 22 minutes is impressive, but then again the last 5k I did, I did in 34 minutes. :wink:

Ali you are doing great. Don't think of it as turning the big 4-0. Think of it as the new you. You can do it!

No running for me today. It was boot camp day. I may be doing a yoga class later on this evening but I am not sure (OK, I probably will!)

Have a great run everyone.:flowerforyou:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

No run for me today...did 55 minutes elliptical.

:flowerforyou:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    No run for me either. Today is weight lifting and elliptical. It's going to be another hot day today in Oregon.

Happy running!

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • bunnyr
    bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am still in recovery mode. Showed up for my run last night and the coach sent me home. More rest, ice for the knee! Who knew vacation could be so dangerous! But he assured that I hadn't lost all the progress that I had made which made me feel alittle better. I am still supposed to run my first 5K in four weeks :ohwell: We'll see.
    Mirielle and Thalli - how is elliptical on the knees?
    Ali - don't they say 40 is the new 20?
    Banks - have a great run!

Bunny
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am still in recovery mode. Showed up for my run last night and the coach sent me home. More rest, ice for the knee! Who knew vacation could be so dangerous! But he assured that I hadn't lost all the progress that I had made which made me feel alittle better. I am still supposed to run my first 5K in four weeks :ohwell: We'll see.
    Mirielle and Thalli - how is elliptical on the knees?
    Ali - don't they say 40 is the new 20?
    Banks - have a great run!

Bunny

The elliptical is great for my knees. There is no impact and I burn a ton of calories on it. Do you have access to one?
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The elliptical would be a great way to continue to work out without hurting yourself even more. It doesn't burn as many calories as running, but it is still a pretty good workout. I use it a couple times a week as part of my cross-training. The other thing that is great in the same way is swimming. I only run three days a week because I don't want to hurt myself.

Good luck!

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Hey guys! Ended up sleeping in so no run today :frown:. Instead I went to step aerobics and did my twenty min. glute workout on the treadmill.

Happy hump day :wink:
  • DingoBoy
    Options
    drinker:
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I did a 3 1/2 miles this morning in 45 min. I have a 5K race this Saturday and I hope to break 40 min. but now I'm not sure that is realistic. Oh well, there will be pancakes after the race, LOL! Stay cool everyone!:drinker:

Oops, I was logged in as my husband.:blushing:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I ran for 75 min today. I ran the first 40 with two of my friends. Then I had to hurry home to get to work on time. Great run! Humidity was bad, but at least it wasn't 100 degrees, yet!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    drinker:

You rang???? peace.gif
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Lots of resting today! :laugh: :laugh:

I had circut class this morning and hope to do a 3 mile walk tonight. Up at 5am tomorrow though!!

Happy Running (or resting)

Ali
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    1/2 of my children started school today so I decided it was time to step up my weight loss efforts and got up at 6, woke up the teenager for school and got a solid hour in before breakfast time! I think this idea will work.

Oh, 4.5 miles worth of intervals this am.

Good luck on your run banks.... :noway: 22 minutes is fast, I am barely getting it done in 35! :cry:
    Run Banks Run! :drinker:
  • melissa73
    melissa73 Posts: 368
    Options
    I think I like Running.... I did my couch to 5 k today... That is twice this week.. I did 3 miles and one lap in 45 minutes today... Then my daughter stopped me to take her to volleyball.. I say once your kids hit high school it is non stop... I am more driver than mom these days... I can't wait for school to start in order for me to get back to my old workout routine... Does that make me a bad mom? The kids are ready to go back themselves...

Enjoy your evening everyone. Melissa
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Good evening, everyone.

Did 5 miles today. I also went for a nice long bike ride - it was the perfect day to be outside. I totally slacked on working today (I work from home), so that's why I'm still at my computer trying to catch up. It was totally worth it though!

:tongue: