Another Dress Fitting on Saturday

Options
Okay so I have what seems like a bit of a problem. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding on August 23rd. Since first choosing a dress and being measured I am down almost 20lbs. I have gone to my personal seemstress for one fitting and the dress was too big, I have another fitting this Saturday and if the alterations are good she thinks I should bring the dress home.
So here is the obviouse problem, the wedding is still 2 weeks away and being a fellow MFP'er you know what kind of numbers 2 weeks can bring.
I don't want to cut back on my diet and excercise but I also can't keep driving the 3 hours one way to were my seemstress is located.
What should I do :laugh:
Although it would be a great accomplishment and a good over all feeling if my dress fell off the day of the wedding I somehow am thinking that this may give way to a whole world of problems:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Okay so I have what seems like a bit of a problem. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding on August 23rd. Since first choosing a dress and being measured I am down almost 20lbs. I have gone to my personal seemstress for one fitting and the dress was too big, I have another fitting this Saturday and if the alterations are good she thinks I should bring the dress home.
    So here is the obviouse problem, the wedding is still 2 weeks away and being a fellow MFP'er you know what kind of numbers 2 weeks can bring.
    I don't want to cut back on my diet and excercise but I also can't keep driving the 3 hours one way to were my seemstress is located.
    What should I do :laugh:
    Although it would be a great accomplishment and a good over all feeling if my dress fell off the day of the wedding I somehow am thinking that this may give way to a whole world of problems:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Would you be able to find a seemstress closer to your home? You may have to pay a little extra, but it would be worth saving the gas to make the drive. Then you wouldn't have to cut back on anything.
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    I could find someone closer, I was just using this lady because she is great as well as she is located in the neighbouring town that my sister and her family live as well as my parents too....so I was kinda killing two birds with one stone by using that seamstress.....LOL!
  • kleimola
    kleimola Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Oh what I would give to have this problem!!! :smile: I don't know what to tell you but I do know you shouldn't give up what you have been doing so well (this is your health we are talking about). I think its worth finding a closer seamstress even it means paying a few extra bucks, you are worth it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd take a 2 week "mini vacation". I'd still watch my eating, but try to just maintain, instead of taking the chance on losing and having my dress fit way too lose.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I have a very similar problem, with a wedding August 31 and September 20 where I know the dresses in my closet are now too big, as well as one on order for a December 27 wedding that will be too big!

My advice for you-- lay off for two weeks. Two weeks in the grand scheme of things won't affect your overall long term goal. Still eat healthy, but eat whatever your BMR says you burn a day. Eat all your exercise calories. Try to maintain your current weight. Alterations are expensive!! And so is gasoline to drive 3 hours to get there!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    At least you got your bridesmaid dress! I haven't even got my dress yet and the wedding is Sept. 13.
    I was measured back in may for the dress and I've lost a few pounds since then and I am hoping that the dress will be big!

Once I get it, (if I get it) and I get it altered, I will probably try and maintain that size so it doesn't look too funky when I have to wear it.

Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • ramonaschack
    ramonaschack Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine loosing enough in two weeks that I couldn't fit into my clothes. What a nice problem