Hey you guys!

Options
Stumbled across this site accidently and I love it!!

So far I’ve lost 4 and a half stone by doing various diets and exercise; I have one more stone to lose to reach my target weight.

But things have started to go very slow even though I’m continuing to eat healthily and exercise. So I’m hoping this website and especially the food diaries will show me the error of my ways!

Any advice, tips ect would be apreciated :) x

Replies

• mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    if you are dieting, which i assume you are, you need to remember to decrease your calorie intake when your weight decreases. that might cause you to stall. a 130 lb person needs to eat fewer calories to maintain the same calorie deficit that a 170 lb person does eating more calories.

message me if what i just said doesn't make sense. i took some benadryl.
  • Leahcutie
    Leahcutie Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome! If you'd like to add me as a friend, please do so. This is only my 4th day on the site. ;)
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I love this site.
  • Joy_Grace
    Options
    Hey,

Thank you for replying :) I really am loving this site, can feel an addiction coming on.. lol.

Yeah ive been trying to eat 1400 calories a day thinking i was behaving but my fitness pal recommends I eat 1200.
    I'm daft, never thought about lowering calories I just thought that 1400 was what a women who is dieting should have.
    Doh :laugh:

Onwards an upwards hopefully!! x
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    yeah, basically the less you weigh, the fewer calories you need on a daily basis to maintain your current weight, thus as you lose weight, if you don't decrease calories consumed, your weight loss starts to level out until eventually you lose nothing. that is why whenever you lose a few pounds you should recalculate how many calories you need to consume in order to continue losing weight.
  • SGartz
    SGartz Posts: 57
    Options
    Stumbled across this site accidently and I love it!!

So far I’ve lost 4 and a half stone by doing various diets and exercise; I have one more stone to lose to reach my target weight.

But things have started to go very slow even though I’m continuing to eat healthily and exercise. So I’m hoping this website and especially the food diaries will show me the error of my ways!

Any advice, tips ect would be apreciated :) x

4.5stone! That's amazing, we should be asking you for advice!! :-D