Chocolate Cream Eggs

Options

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Go figure that im the outlier here. .. chocolate and potatoes isn't the worst combo ever. For instance, Alton Brown recommends using leftover sweet potatoes in place of marshmallows to makes s'mores...and that's great stuff! Also, there's the Ben and Jerry's ice cream with chocolate and potato chips (the Jimmy Fallon one)..
    ...and potato candy is a thing....so who knows..

I can enjoy salty with sweet.
    A crunchy chocolate covered potato chip doesnt sound bad to me.

Chocolate covered mashed - no. Salty and sweet this potato has not.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I remember learning that during the war, the Brits used to use mashed potatoes in a sweet dish - sounds ...um..unique, but here is a website that seeks to recreate wartime recipes by a woman who is also on a weight loss adventure of her own! I thought, well - isnt that a brilliant segue!! So here it is:

http://the1940sexperiment.com/100-wartime-recipes/
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Next - cauliflower chocolate egg.
  • cross2bear
    Options
    AND... wasnt there a big stink in Britain about Cadbury changing the recipe for their chocolate on said chocolate covered eggs? Does anyone know how that ended up - did they change back (cuz Cadburys has not gone out of business)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    mweckler wrote: »
    So I have to chime back in again, because my rage over tainting chocolate with potatoes can not be silenced. As a chef I understand the reason behind trying to use the mashed potatoes as a binding agent. But just because you can use something, does not mean you should use it. So there is a South American sweet potato called the boniato, that is the potato I would use for this, if I were twisted enough to do it. It would cut down on the amount of powdered sugar you would need to add, and with it being naturally sweet, it would not have that odd potato, powdered sugar taste to it. In place of the smart balance buttery stick I would find something with a little less chemically taste to it, like a small amount of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature. As for coating it in chocolate I still can not imagine chocolate covered mashed potatoes.

I like this post
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    mulecanter wrote: »
    That means Jack in the Box will create a Cadbury Cream Egg Shake with bacon to compete.

In.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    sanfromny wrote: »
    ni5awloiysfh.jpg

Doh!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just want a real Cadbury egg, the ones Hershey makes here in the US are no bueno. Wonder how much they are on Amazon... *sigh*.
    Me too. Chocolate creme eggs are pretty nice tho

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    ni5awloiysfh.jpg

Doh!

When in Rome....

• Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Pictures??

nom1.jpg

Only 150 calories.

Great now I want one!!!!
  • Heartisalonelyhunter
    Heartisalonelyhunter Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I just want a real Cadbury egg, the ones Hershey makes here in the US are no bueno. Wonder how much they are on Amazon... *sigh*.

Me too. I stupidly forgot they're different over here and bought one. Yuck. How could Hershey's turn something so good into something so gross?
  • cross2bear
    Options
    Did you know there are Oreo Creme Eggs? (oh sorry, you have to smuggle them across the border from Canada!)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I think if they were not presented as "creme eggs" the backlash would have been tamer.

Probably. But still - that seems like a lot of work for little reward. If I'm going to that much trouble to make sweets, it's going to be opera fudge or Aunt Bill's brown candy (don't ask, I didn't name it). The brown candy even has a nice micronutrient profile - lots of pecans!
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    Go figure that im the outlier here. .. chocolate and potatoes isn't the worst combo ever. For instance, Alton Brown recommends using leftover sweet potatoes in place of marshmallows to makes s'mores...and that's great stuff! Also, there's the Ben and Jerry's ice cream with chocolate and potato chips (the Jimmy Fallon one)..
    ...and potato candy is a thing....so who knows..

I can enjoy salty with sweet.
    A crunchy chocolate covered potato chip doesnt sound bad to me.

Chocolate covered mashed - no. Salty and sweet this potato has not.

Fair enough, though I might prefer them over the actual Cadbury eggs...those are pretty awful, too, at least the ones here in the US!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    ni5awloiysfh.jpg

Doh!

When in Rome....
    ...Do they sell "real" Cadbury there, or in Spain?

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    dls06 wrote: »
    I Makes 4 eggs. Each egg serves 16.

Number of servings: 64 total
    Calories: 87
    Fat: 2g
    Saturated Fat: 1g
    Trans Fatty Acid: 0g
    Poly Fat: 0g
    Mono Fat: 0g
    Cholesterol: 2mg
    Sodium: 17mg
    Carbohydrates: 17g
    Dietary Fiber: 0g
    Total Sugars: 16g
    Protein: 0g
    print

Low calories, but how big is each serving? Anything can be low calories per serving if you cut it into tiny enough pieces.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    Did you see McDonalds is making a Cadburry Cream Egg McFlurry? A health and fitness website is probably not the place to post that. LOL

Is it everywhere? Someone in Australia posted it already released there.

I NEED TO FIND THIS
  • Alluminati
    Options
    ni5awloiysfh.jpg

Doh!
    I DON'T EVEN CARE I WANT A CADBURY CREAM EGG MCFLURRY AND I WILL DO THINGS FOR IT> BAD THINGs
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Did you see McDonalds is making a Cadburry Cream Egg McFlurry? A health and fitness website is probably not the place to post that. LOL

Is it everywhere? Someone in Australia posted it already released there.

It's available in Canada as well. My sister and her husband bought some yesterday. No idea if you can get it anywhere else yet.