Advice?? Do you all workout everyday??

Options
I have been working out for 3 months now and I did take breaks on weekends but than I saw the weight come off so I started working out every day its only for and 1 hour total unless I go on bike rides with the kiddos.. So since this past Monday I have no energy Im soooo tired I feel like my body is so weak... I havent done anything today and I still feel blah... Has anyone else gone thru this???

Replies

• sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I normally take one day off. I also have further to go on my fitness journey, so I am trying to avoid my normal pit fall of going hard for a time and then dropping off completely. So there have been a few days where I have decided to not work out (when I was really sick) or to do a much lighter workout. So if I was feeling very weak, I would do the lighter workout, but then make sure my calories were within my limit. But I would also make sure I got back to the gym the next day. Good luck and hope you feel better!
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    No, I do one high intensity weight session(about 15-30 minutes) every 7-10 days. That's my only planned activity. I'll do a 3 exercise heavy compound work out in between sometimes. Slow burn cardio is mostly natural. Snowboarding, 4 mile brisk walk to cut the grass. slow jog out with the dogs. Chasing(sprinting) around the yard with them.

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/overtraining/a/aa062499a.htm

Common Warning Signs and Symptoms of Overtraining Syndrome

* Washed-out feeling, tired, drained, lack of energy
    * Mild leg soreness, general aches and pains
    * Pain in muscles and joints
    * Sudden drop in performance
    * Insomnia
    * Headaches
    * Decreased immunity (increased number of colds, and sore throats)
    * Decrease in training capacity / intensity
    * Moodiness and irritability
    * Depression
    * Loss of enthusiasm for the sport
    * Decreased appetite
    * Increased incidence of injuries.
    * A compulsive need to exercise
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I do some form of physical exercise everyday. 3 days a week I do a 45-60 minute spin class and strength training. 1 day a week I play 18 holes of golf (walking if I can). Sundays are my "rest day" and that's usually a family bike ride. The other 2 days I either do an interval run outside or go to the gym and do intervals on cardio machines. BUT, I listen to my body and if it's really sore or I'm not feeling great, I will just do something really lowkey. I feel so much better when I workout (and my kids like me much better when I workout!).
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I do a "real" workout 6 days a week and have an active rest day where I walk for about an hour, but I don't do any weight training or strenuous exercise on that day.
  • bibliophile21
    Options
    My goal is to work out 5 days a week, and once I get to my goal weight/size I may drop that to 3 days (or whatever it takes to maintain w/o loosing). I think if I worked out 7 days a week I would get burnt out.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I "work out" six days a week but I'm just starting out on this and I'm pretty overweight, so my workouts are a 45-60 minute walk or 40 minutes doing a workout video. Not an intense work out, but enough to get the scale moving at my current weight. Monday was my rest day this week because I did a lot of walking on both Saturday and Sunday.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I tried working out only 3 or 4 times a week, and would go great for a few weeks and then quit because I wasn't seeing any progress. A few weeks ago, I decided that I'd just work out every day and be done with it. Even if my workout is to take the dogs for an extra long walk, I do SOMETHING. Some days I burn 250 to 300 calories (just walking the dogs) and other days, like yesterday I burned over a 1000 because I biked, walked the dogs, and spent time pulling up plants in the flower bed. I've taken off 1 day a week since I started 3.5 weeks ago.

I've lost 6 pounds already! I've never, ever seen a weight loss before 3-5 weeks of working out before! And, I have more energy than I have ever had.

Again though, some days I work a lot harder than other days, but I at least try and get in an hour of something every day. If it's an hour of walking the dogs, that's at least 250 calories according to my heart rate monitor. I'm not sure if I could do high intensity every single day and be able to maintain. And, I haven't changed my eating habits at all. I'm eating from 1500-1900 calories a day. :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My plan is 6 days a week. Friday is my off day. I do three days of running and three days of strength training. They can range from 15 minutes to an hour, depending on my schedule.
  • JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I try to exercise at least 6 days out of the week. I do have farther to go in my weight-loss journey than you though. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a day or two off if you feel you need to. Sometimes our bodies will just tell us when they need a rest. I don't think you will get out of a routine if you take a break from exercising for a day or two.
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I worked out everyday for a month and for 3 weeks I lost no weight at all!!! Since that I have cut it down and do actual workouts around 3-4 times a week (im on the move all the time anyway with the kids) and I am losing weight again :) So sticking with half a week of working out!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    take a day off a week completely from training..natural stuff like walking, jogging, biking is ok everyday
  • juniee111
    juniee111 Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks everybody !!!