Biggest Change

Options
Just wondering what has some of your biggest changes been? Whether I'd be eating more fruits, to quiting a habit, to exercising more. Say it loud and say it proud!

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    I've actually started doing some running. And running fast (well, at least for me it's fast!) I used to never run and if I did, maybe 5.7 mph was my top speed (and I spin 3-5 times a week so cardio endurance isn't an issue for me). Today, I was doing intervals on the treadmill and did 7.3 mph at a slight incline! I'm also eating way more vegetables every day and a lot less processed foods.
  • karilynn27
    karilynn27 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I no longer: Smoke cigarettes- I quit almost a year ago, best decision of my life. I also stopped drinking soda all together a few weeks ago and feel awesome, I have lowered the amount of high frutose corn syrup in my diet.
  • kristylynne
    kristylynne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    drinking less Bud Light and Dr. Pepper...two of my favorite -bad for me -things
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest changes have been not looking in the mirror as often. I used to get upset when I looked in the mirror which led to binge eating...now I only look maybe once in the morning before I leave out for work. This has helped me tremendously.
  • skinnymia
    skinnymia Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not eating McDonalds, Burger King, In and Out, Etc.
    No more Mocha Lattes...only brewed coffee with splenda & FF milk
    No soda
    Drinking more and more water

and definitely...tracking EVERYTHING I eat!
  • jennlloyd
    jennlloyd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My biggest change has been portion control. MFP made me realize that I don't have to restrict what I eat, just how much I eat. I used to eat the same size portions as my husband, and now I realize what a HUGE mistake that was. So now I eat smaller meals, with healthy little snacks throughout the day.
  • KarlaColvin
    Options
    Mine has been falling in love with veggies! Literally.. I was never a fan but I eat them everyday now, I love sauteed veggies I find myself replacing a lot of junk I used to eat for veggies:)
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    I've always gone to the gym and I've always eaten lots of fruits and veggies.

So my biggest change would be adding regular challenges to my workout routine and NOT eating the junk that cancels out my healthy habits.
  • GLLove
    GLLove Posts: 77
    Options
    Actually feeling for the first time I am capable of doing this the right way. The biggest change I've made is probably making much healthier food choices and being more aware of my portion sizes and I very rarely drink soda anymore. I tell myself I can and look forward to challenges instead of telling myself I cant.
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow these are all so great!
  • ToniAnn411
    Options
    I've become a bit of a gym rat. I am miserable if I can't make it to the gym, or atleast hit my treadmill or elliptical at home. And I will do anything not to miss my spin classes. I LOVE spin!! I never thought in a million years that I would love the gym and by not going will ruin my day...lol
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    Changing eating habits to be healthier and my daughters seeing the changes mommy is making.
  • ohletmebeskinny
    Options
    Changing my eating habits, completing work outs I thought I could never complete, saying no to soda, pizza and Mcdonalds :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I went from fast food at least twice a day to not having fast food AT ALL in the past 2 weeks. Loving the food I'm cooking at home!!! Also feel GREAT and not so run down all the time!!!
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    RUNNING!!! when i first started i could barely walk a mile. now im running in between 2-3. i stopped drinking pop. now its at least a gallon of water per day. no more fast food... grease now makes me ill!!! i find myself looking at EVERYTHING i eat, labels and all. i also notice what everyone else around me is eating, i know longer crave sweets. and if i do its natural sugars like those in fruits. and last but not least... I LOVE TO WORKOUT NOW!! if im not sweating, im not happy!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    My biggest small change is counting my calories, and tracking my exercise. Since starting this change I have really amazed myself. I also scared myself to think how many calories I was taking in with out even a blink of an eye. On to a much healthier future. :drinker: