OT - panic attack - cheer me up, please?

Options
on my way to work tonight there was a chick at the bus stop that passed out
and it really freaked me out
her friend, our bus driver, some random guy, a security guard and i were sorting things out
we got it under control and ambulance turned up so yeah... have no idea how she is though unfortunately

went to work coz there was nothing more i could do there
after that i kept shaking
all i kept thinking was "but i froze! i dont know why i froze! i shouldn't have froze!"
and then i broke down crying
so i rang my supervisor and she drove me home
i've finally settled down (stopped shaking but still crying for some reason)

sorry, i have to get this off my chest otherwise i know won't sleep (though i doubt i will anyway for a few more hours)

site note - apparently not good to msg family and tell them this at 12am they freak out rather greatly... not much for thinking atm:sick:

Replies

• obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    on my way to work tonight there was a chick at the bus stop that passed out
    and it really freaked me out
    her friend, our bus driver, some random guy, a security guard and i were sorting things out
    we got it under control and ambulance turned up so yeah... have no idea how she is though unfortunately

went to work coz there was nothing more i could do there
    after that i kept shaking
    all i kept thinking was "but i froze! i dont know why i froze! i shouldn't have froze!"
    and then i broke down crying
    so i rang my supervisor and she drove me home
    i've finally settled down (stopped shaking but still crying for some reason)

sorry, i have to get this off my chest otherwise i know won't sleep (though i doubt i will anyway for a few more hours)

site note - apparently not good to msg family and tell them this at 12am they freak out rather greatly... not much for thinking atm:sick:
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Sometimes things that happen around us can just 'freak us out'. I know a few relaxation techniques, but they take time to learn and master, so I don't think I can really help you out immediately. Just be glad there were others around to help in this situation. Maybe this is a catalyst for you to take a Red Cross First Aid class??? But for now, since you're home, enjoy the rest of your day - relax, or exercise really hard (which ever will keep your mind busy and focused on something else). Or maybe go shopping... :wink:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Hey - at least you did the right thing and helped her!!! :flowerforyou: It is kind of freaky when things like that happen around us and we are confronted with our own mortality. Take care of yourself and do what you can to relax. That girl will be o.k. because people cared enough to help. You're a hero!! Even if you paniced and froze up - you did end out helping. That's a good thing. :heart:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    funny.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA! Sucks to be this guy!